Allow creation of airlock + controls

Taaketa

So I like creating Vox environments on station in under utilised rooms or rooms that aren't used anymore. However, the big problem with this is that you need some kind of airlock system to contain the N2 environment in. Right now all I can figure is using glass doors or airlocks doors and expect to open close them to prevent air mixing as much as poss. Using scrubbers to extract the wrong air from the appropriate area.

But it's not possible to create the airlock controls that are seen on the airlock doors. Or if it is, it isn't wikied.

So allowing creation of airlock controls but crucially allowing those controls to have different atmos in it. (So 02/N mix or having a Pure N2 mix I imagine this can be enforced with connecting the appropriate tanks to it) At the moment I think the code assums the airlock will be either atmos or not atmos.

TLDR

Make it easier to create different atmos environments without contaminating the station.

Include Airlock control panel with 2 airlock doors.

Allow attaching two tanks to change atmos around within the airlock. (current system is No atmos, or standard atmos in airlocks)

Yeah, I Don't think it is possible to make the airlock consoles/buttons, but the best thing you can get is connecting a room in space, without a closed hall connecting to the main station. The room would be connected with some automated system like vents, if you can make another vent network that only has nitrogen, and get two airlocks to minimize loss of nitrogen. This would take a lot more effort and time, though as there aren't really any rooms like this, and even adding a bit off of one can take quite some effort. It can, and has been done with regular atmos and venting systems though.

I would agree that making cycling consoles would be great, if a very minor addition.

• 2 weeks later...

couldnt you technically do this with the help of an atmos tech and some smartly laid piping? I guess im going to work on a new project next time im an atmos tech.

The only problem is there is no way to create a similar system to actual airlocks in game right now. So you'd have to always have someone manning the air alarm controls for that airlock to switch it from human to vox.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use