Changing 'Bucket Chemistry'

Yinseng

Make large beakers 120u like buckets.

I don't have much of an opinion on the other points, because I play SciChem instead of MedChem (where you're not in a rush at all), but this is so perfect. 120 is divisible by 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 (as well as some other numbers that matter less), making it able to use essentially any ratio of reagents.

This affects balance too much simply because of grenades. This proposes an increase of 20-40 reagents per grenade, which in the case of even simple ones like water+potassium is a large boost in strength.

In fact, this suggestion has already been PR'd and shut down in the past (https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/329) for this exact reasoning.

Of all the options here, #3 would be the best compromise. It gives the aesthetic you desire without causing further limitations. Buckets can't be used for grenades, so they have the built-in safety of being useful for chemistry while not useful for bombing.

The only reason buckets are used so much are because they're marginally more efficient than typical beakers, this what we get for having a competent playerbase :P

Maybe put something in SoP about only using "hygienic" items?

Maybe put something in SoP about only using "hygienic" items?

Eh. I don't like using SoP for something like that. It'd be pretty shitty to fire someone for using it to do their job more efficiently. A better fix there would just be to not allow buckets in the machine.

Eh. I don't like using SoP for something like that. It'd be pretty shitty to fire someone for using it to do their job more efficiently. A better fix there would just be to not allow buckets in the machine.

It's just another one of those problems that aren't really problems, like smoking in the medbay.

Edited by Guest

Could the grenade damage just not be brought down a bit to compensate?

Or, could the small grenade casings made of metal be made to be unable to contain a large beaker? The large casings from the protolathe, I'm not too sure about, because allowing only them to have large beakers would give science traitors more of an edge. What is even the difference between the two casings if they both can contain the same stuff?

Id be fine with large beakers not in standard casings, medchemists don't even have grenade parts any more so its not a huge nerf when they shouldn't be making them anyways.

Either that or rename regular beakers to small, rename large beakers to medium and make a new 150u beaker as a go between for bluespace and buckets than can only fit in large casings.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use