AI Command Frequency UI

Epigoni

When playing the AI, it is somewhat difficult to swap between frequencies for departments in order to directly talk to them. Perhaps it would be beneficial to have some sort of modified UI for one of the AI's intercoms to allow for quick switching between the command frequencies.

or give the ai a built in captain radio... like a radio, the ai could turn of the speaker of selected departments. or listen to them all lol. this gives the ai an easy to use speech since they can just ":c i will make sure it happens."

the intercomms can be back up for radio blackouts.

I would love this integrated as a verb so you don't need to flick back to the core to change channel frequencies and mics. As the AI you should capture all radio chatter logically but give the option to enable/disable certain channels. Maybe even a way for crew to "jam" the AIs listening ability also for short periods could prove crucial in a malf round :) just a thought :D

The AI can't listen to all the radios at once? Well, i thought it could. But it also could make the life of the player a (bigger) hell as it tries to coordinate the whole station. Why not verbs " DISABLE CHANNELS" and "ABLE CHANNELS" on the IC tab, so the player can choose to disable/able/speak/listen to a few, or all the channels at once?

Just a hint, might be useless, as i don't know a thing about coding and the adm-things-they-can-do-with-one-click- with-the-magical-adm-tab.

I would love this integrated as a verb so you don't need to flick back to the core to change channel frequencies and mics. As the AI you should capture all radio chatter logically but give the option to enable/disable certain channels. Maybe even a way for crew to "jam" the AIs listening ability also for short periods could prove crucial in a malf round :) just a thought :D

I think that the AI using the intercoms is kind of the whole deal with an AI, it is supposed to be hard like that (thats what she said)

I think that the AI using the intercoms is kind of the whole deal with an AI, it is supposed to be hard like that (thats what she said)

I pretty much agree; as much as I'd love for it to be easier, the AI is the single most powerful entity on the entire ship and has more power, in a short period of time, than anyone else; the AI really isn't in need of "buffs".

Just to clarify, my suggestions were just a verb to allow access to change frequency on your intercom without having to return to core for example if you were tracking someone and needed to switch frequency. I guess that's a buff in a way but I view it more as a quality of life utility.

The second was actually a negative against AI giving the crew the ability to jam the AI listening so they could co-ordinate over a secure radio channel for a brief time before AI hacks back in.

The bit about the AI being able to hear all channels like a command headset was just logic but wasn't suggesting it as the com chatter scroll would be a nightmare.

Hope that makes a bit more sense? I tend to ramble incoherently from time to time side effect of age. Also I do the majority of my posting from an iPhone :P

The problem with the difficulty here is that it is artificial difficulty - it's an interface issue moreso than an actual part of in game difficulty. While the AI is...very, very powerful, a buff to interface makes playing the role easier without actually changing the abilities of the AI.

I'd like to see this implemented in some form, but also when other nerfs are added - most likely to do with door crushing and atmos.

Nooo don't take away my crushy crushy!

It is as you say frankly I don't see why an electronic being would need to flick back to its core to stop tracking someone just to switch 2 buttons (intercom mic's) add in the lag factor and you have an incredibly frustrating experience at times.

But please don't take my door crushy crushy, if anything add to random chance to remove limbs instead of crushing their whole body. *cough*

The problem with the difficulty here is that it is artificial difficulty - it's an interface issue moreso than an actual part of in game difficulty. While the AI is...very, very powerful, a buff to interface makes playing the role easier without actually changing the abilities of the AI.

I'd like to see this implemented in some form, but also when other nerfs are added - most likely to do with door crushing and atmos.

No god please don´t

Atmos for AI was already nerfed by the new UI update

You can't??? Whoah they snuck that one in there.

That pretty much removes any sort of atmos traitoring without first syphoning rooms off... I don't see the reason for this to be honest. Course I get most flood plasma set on fire cause lagocalypse... but not all :(

Not sure I like this news.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use