The Temsik Files (Genetics Stories)

SkyPing

The Temsik Project

Project Leader: Keaton Temsik

Duration: November 1st, 2554 [spoiler2]to November 1st, 2555[/spoiler2] [spoiler2]to July 4th, 2556[/spoiler2] to Unknown

Purpose: Discover and experiment with the several new Structural Enzyme sub-blocks, attempt to find useful new powers. The ultimate goal is to develop powers that will allow the human body to survive Earth's current atmosphere. As a side project, similar tests will occur on various plant life.

History: For several years, Genetics Research in the galaxy has been stalled due to the inability to find new sub-blocks. At the time, only 14 blocks were exploitable, and though their powers were incredibly useful, with Telekinesis, Hulk, Cold Resistance, and X-ray commonly implemented by military personnel, they came with crippling disabilities such as Epilepsy, Tourette's, Blindness, and Deafness. In addition to this, long term exposure and use of these powers caused irreversible side effects to the user after about 2 hours, often leading to death.

However, around the year 2550, a human scientist on Earth named Keaton Temsik theorized the existence of 41 more sub-blocks within human DNA, which could bring the total number of available sub-blocks to 55. With the help of his best friend, an Engineer by the name of Marcus D’Angelo, they managed to develop plans for a machine that could pulse radiation deeper into the body's natural tissue. The project was funded in 2551 by The Milky Way Federation, being merged with one of Prof. Temsik’s earlier plans to do similar genetic experiments with plant genes. Plans for a new research base surfaced later that year and the construction of the facility concluded in 2553.

The base was located in the ruins of what used to be Cairo, Egypt; isolated from the rest of society due to the heavy amount of protesters against human modifications. A team of 10 moved into the base on November 1st, 2554 to begin experimentation.

Personnel:

Keaton Temsik: Research Director

Vincent Calavera: Milky Way Federation Representative

Marcus D'Angelo: Chief Engineer

Chelsea Pearson: Assistant Engineer

Yomiel Macy: Geneticist

Jonathan Nguyen: Geneticist

Praxis Chailer: Geneticist/Medical

Richard Jowd: Xenobiologist

Ingus Wright: Xenobiologist/Medical

Sissel Swan: Cook/Janitor/Maintenance

Results: The station was caught in an explosion at 01:14, July 7th, 2557. The source of the explosion appears to have been a bomb placed in the engine room of the station. The bodies of Mr. Temsik, Mr. Macy, and Ms. Pearson were unaccounted for. The rest of the crew was declared dead, either from bleeding out from the initial explosion or due to suffocation. The exception to this was Mr. Chailer, who managed to turn on his internals. He was found in a crate in storage, unconscious.

All bodies were cloned with the exception of Mr. Calavera’s and Mr. Wright’s, due to the severity of their brain damage. Due to having been injected with powers and being unable to remove them, Praxis suffered severe radiation side effects. Over the next 6 months these side effects were slowly corrected, though his violet hair and eyes were unable to be reversed for an inexplicable reason.

All of the research was missing from the databanks, apparently having being stolen. In addition, all saved crew members have absolutely no memory about the events that transpired. We have finally managed to collect the diary logs of the crew members (Specifically, those for Keaton Temsik and Yomiel Macy), and they will be posted here when we find them.

The group responsible for the attack will hopefully be discovered soon.

First Entry

Author: Keaton Temsik

Date: 22:59, November 2nd, 2554

The webcam turns on with a flicker. Staring into the screen is an old man who’s face looks like a canyon, with crevices and ridges running up and down his wrinkled face. His hands are rubbing up and down his face as he hoarsely groans into the microphone.

He sits in a claustrophobic looking, windowless bedroom. The bed behind him (The Milky Way Federation still remained strictly against Cryopods for some reason, preferring that their inhabitants kept to beds) had it’s sheets balled up into a bunch. The desk he was standing at was completely empty.

Down the hall, an obnoxiously loud electric guitar was squealing with dissonance while a couple of voices argued passionately about whether ‘Djent’ was still considered a musical genre. With every additional squeal from the guitar, Mr. Temsik physically flinched or twitched.

His sunken blue eyes stared into the camera in a pitiful manner.

“One month… This will...only be… one month.” The hoarse voice croaked.

The noise came to a grinding halt as a loud, commanding voice filled the air. Mr. Calavera. Mr. Temsik stifled a grin before the camera returned to static once more.

Authors Notes:

[spoiler2]Heeeello, Ping here. I've wanted to write this up for a while, but I've been putting it off due to a lack of spare time. Since my account here has just turned 100 days old, I figured that now was probably the time to start writing. I am not by ANY means a good writer, but you will probably see an increase in quality as the journal continues to be written.

I have no REAL planned timeline or plot for this; I have an ending and I know what situations I'll be putting the crew in, but besides that I'll be ad-libbing everything I write. I AM currently taking a writers craft course, and it's possible that I'll submit this piece of work for my final project; time will tell.

Anyhow, I hope that you guys enjoy, and I hope that I somehow find the motivation to make regular entries. Feedback is always appreciated.[/spoiler2]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use