K3's Bombastic Guide to Blowing Holes in Your Ship

IK3I

Are you looking to get somewhere you shouldn't?

Perhaps you want to give someone an extra special present?

Maybe you just like to make things disappear.

Well look no further! Here at the

Bombastic Bomb Emporium,

we have everything from the humble black powder grenade, to the insane overkill that is the self immolating canister bomb.

Now that I've caught your attention, lets have a look at today's inventory:

We'll start with one that you can make at home, all you need is an igniter and some common sense. That's right, I'm talking about IDEs, the little guys are an annoyance at best against most people, until you combine them with the tank you filled them with that is...

• Take an igniter from tool storage along with a bundle of wire from the Utool.

Go buy a can of cola, shove the igniter in the can, and then fill it with welding fuel.

Finish it with a wire fuse.

Next up, we have a real beauty, the kind of thing that a pyro dreams about: the single tank firebomb. This underutilized gem is great for assassinating your superiors because you can mail it to them to burn their house down.

• Find yourself a plasma tank and a canister of your favorite bomb mix, or just straight plasma if you're options are limited.

Fill the tank with your mix and grab yourself an igniter

Use a screwdriver on the igniter and your detonator of choice (transmitter, timer, prox)

Attach the two together and screwdriver the assembly to lock it

You can now attach the assembly to your tank to make the bomb

Finally, use a welder to make a pressure hole in the tank and the bomb is complete

We'll end today's bombastic barrage of bombs with this wonderfully easy and extremely deadly improvised canister bomb. The added benefit is that you can disguise it, but be warned once, you fill the canister, you're on the clock before your bomb blows up in your face, or worse, becomes a dud.

• Create your favorite bomb mix (must contain oxygen and plasma)

Start the mix in a controlled burn (there are ways to do this outside toxins)

Once the mix reaches the proper temp, pressure, and gas distribution, fill the canister with it

Place a tank in the canister and detach the canister from the connector

Place the canister at the target location with the valve opened

Run far and fast

Note that the mix, the fill time, and the valve opening time are closely guarded trade secrets and will not be revealed here

Stick around for our next episode, when we look into various methods of setting off your favorite bombs at the

Bombastic Bomb Emporium

I had no idea about the single-tank bomb. Need to learn more things like this.

As for the improvised canister bomb, so THAT'S how I died in Toxins that one time. I filled the canister way too high and tried filling a tank. It was too much a surprise to me and kicked me out for the rest of the short wizard round

As for the improvised canister bomb, so THAT'S how I died in Toxins that one time. I filled the canister way too high and tried filling a tank. It was too much a surprise to me and kicked me out for the rest of the short wizard round

The most likely case is you had your bomb mix in the canister burning. You can effectively freeze the reaction if you leave it on the the connector because of reasons...

Anyway. when you have a burning mix, (which is needed in this case) you have to fill the tank to less than 1013 (this is your fuse), as at around 50 to 100 points of over pressure, you're looking at a rupture and the bomb going off. Because the burning mix causes gas expansion, the tank eventually ruptures, blowing the entire canister. You probably opened the valve at max pressure and the mix caused over-pressure to occur in a couple of seconds.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, a few more points on making bombs, if you know how you can easily mass produce maxcap toxins bombs, problem is that often they will overpresurise (but won't blow so long as you were carefull) and leak hot plasma which can give you away or even set you on fire, still, if you expect to just deliver them as soon as they are made and get away they are good, also, unless you wait an hour or your bombs aren't quite good they will still be maxcap bombs.

Also, while more expensive, bluespace beaker bombs still pack a boom and are more reliable, as they won't spew plasma, detonate instantly and haven't got the toxin's sensible and touchy mixes, and are small. The only hard part about them is getting the bluespace beakers and the potassium.

Also, learn the ins and outs of some triggers, for example, proximity sensors will not trigger if inside a container, clicking them will cause to detonate if armed (use a screwdriver to safely disarm), you can use igniter/remote along remote/trigger assemblies to have multiple triggers and keep the remote detonation capabilities, if you get arrested/ stuncuffed unexpectedly you can always use a voice analyzer to trigger, learn em, triggers are amazing if you know how to use them.

Just to add a bit.

Mousetrap grenades or "Mines" are easy to hide and most simple explosive (water + potassium), can be deadly or outright gib if large beakers are used. Water + potassium have really low AOE, but great damage in the same tile.

Simple way to hide.

Get yer "mine" and 2 sheets of metal. Try to line up metal sheet sprites on the table by having em next to each other when on the same tile. Activate "mine" and drop it in dark maint. Drop sheets so they cover the mine. Profit! Most people ignore sheets of metal on the ground and when tunnel is 1x1, its insta crit with lost limbs.

EDIT: hmm... Sitting on a toilet and got even a better idea. Unwrench table and use the table assembly to hide you "Mine". It has large enough spirte to cover it and table assemblies are even more useless then metal sheets. Drop one in a hallway with a "mine" and let the mayhem consume that hallway for good. (Breaks floor)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use