Rubber bullet pistol.

FlattestGuitar

Okay, so I've been fiddling with the gun code and I came up with a pistol that can be made in a protolathe and could possibly be a fun addition.

The pistol is cheaper than the SMG and of course smaller, but cannot have a supressor attached. You can load it with standard, rubber and AP bullets, 12 bullets per mag. The main point to using this baby is that you can use it as a self-defence weapon. It's still worse in almost every way when compared to pretty much anything else.

The rubber bullets are much worse than the detective's, dealing just 10 stamina damage instead of 60 and having a knockdown 3 times shorter.

The standard bullets are crappier than the stechkin's, dealing only 30 damage instead of 60.

Would this be completely balance breaking to implement? Discuss.

The Absolutely Amazing Falcon Pistol sprites to appeal to your emotions and stuff:

338d71f804dd667e10db165d638f4ec7.png

b87b83e96ee674b4ef482bd707499920.png

No

Why? Because we don't need any more projectile based weapons that insta stun, I don't care that the knockdown is short, you can still keep someone permastunned by just unloading a clip and reloading when needed

Not to mention the fact that you also drop all items when you get knocked down, so this will be the ultimate validhunter tool

This seems like it's just being made for the sake of making it, and ads very little to the game

We already have something like this, it's called a stun revolver

As regen said, we don't need another insta-stun ranged weapon capable of dealing large amounts of stamina & brute damage per clip.

However, if you remove the combat aspects: the large damage's and knockdown, and have it be like an airsoft gun/pistol in terms of IC function, I can see people having fun with it. Maybe scale the other numbers down from being a weapon to almost a toy. Just a quick idea though.

The sprite is very nice and it'd be a shame to let it go to waste.

Another option for the sprite would be just a reskin of one of the existing guns, like the stetchkin, altough I don't know how the coders/seniors think about going full "hats by valve" on existing items.

The larger problem with projectile based weapons is that they're very difficult to balance.

The reason for this is that you can carry around a lot more ammo for them than a a taser can, so you have to really fiddle with the values for how much stamina damage they deal to compensate for this---even then, you're still dealing with a gun that will likely have more than twice the shots before it depletes, in comparison to a taser (I don't mean before you reload, I mean what that person is willing to carry).

I've always been a fan of the idea of giving security access to a ballistic pistol that's balanced against the taser, but I can't stress, enough, how incredibly difficult that will be to balance---which is a big part of why I haven't bothered.

I didn't consider how powerful this weapons would be. The faster bullet speed makes it superior to the taser when chasing people down, plus the functionally unlimited ammo makes it even more savage.

I guess implementing the gun without the rubber bullets wouldn't make much sense as it would just be a clone of the Saber, so I wouldn't bother.

I like the idea of an airsoft gun, but I'm pretty sure there already was the idea of porting the foam force guns from /tg/, so I'd get that done first.

If anyone has any ideas on how to implement the pistol without making it either overpowered or redundant I'd love to hear them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use