new explosion code (screenshots added)

Jey123456

you are not wrong on that side, i suppose it come down to realism versus utility at that point. With the new explosion code, if you want to blow a wall you either use a targeted charge (c4) or a bomb that is pretty powerfull.

Not that it matters, the current github pull request does not enable the new explosion by default and it include a fix for the server deadlock on the current explosions as well.

Look at the gifs.

That's exactly what this new algorithm prevents.

It definitely did a good job of blowing out the wall it was placed on. Maybe needs to damage walls a little more, though.

it was not the explosion that blew that wall. Thats a c4, they are special item that first destroy whatever they are on and then create a very weak (4 light damage range) explosion. c4 are the closest we have to what could be called a shaped charge.

Since just about every bombs in ss13 are pressure bombs, and pressure bombs just dont normally have the power to damage metal much (youd need a fucking ton of pressure), let alone what we call plasteel (reinforced walls), there is a reason why their containers are generally metal, and ripping the container is where the energy of the bomb was at its highest, once the container breach it generally mean that it just barely reached a point where it could break metal, past that point the pressure only go down very fast.

I can understand to a point why realism would not be usefull here, thats part of why i did also apply the fix to the existing explosion in that pull request.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use