MentorHelp

Froststahr

Some of you should already be familiar with this. Kind of like adminhelp, however the PMs are also sent to players who can respond to mentorhelp messages, but otherwise have no power.

Not quite sure how mentors should be selected, possibly a part of the forums for posting applications? Or admins approach people in-game?

Well, Instead of Mentor. Call it Helpers, or Regular players. You can apply to become one, but you would need a requirement of two weeks or more playtime etc. They can then ask questions and you answer them.

MentorHelp is on goon and from what i understand they have applicants for that i believe. The way they handle it over there is MentorHelp is stuff that would best be summed up as "check the wiki" but in finer detail, allowing the AdminHelps to focus on people greifing, running events, and finding and working on bugs.

• 2 weeks later...

MentorHelp is on goon and from what i understand they have applicants for that i believe. The way they handle it over there is MentorHelp is stuff that would best be summed up as "check the wiki" but in finer detail, allowing the AdminHelps to focus on people greifing, running events, and finding and working on bugs.

I'm gonna be honest this sounds good. I'd actually like the idea of a Mentor being able to volunteer for ghosting on a round instead. I don't know how many times now I've seen a new player and thought "I've been there." and OOCed at the end of the round to say, get the same job again. I'll help you.

But they always miss it :( Although I have 10 Karma so I must be doing something right.

I have to agree with Mentorhelp also. It can avoid clogging adminhelp at times where actual issues that require admins are seen easier, and questions such as "How do I do X as Y" can be directed to people who volunteer to answer them.

To deal with the confusion they could just have it display upon either joining, or a round-start, saying, for example.

Just a quick message on mentorhelp, adminhelp, and OOC.

Mentor-help is reserved for asking about game mechanics, how to do things, etc.

Admin-help is used to ask admins questions about game rules, or to get help when somebody is breaking a rule.

OOC is for discussing things not-related to the current round, be it the previous round, or about your favorite hobby of toe-nail maintenance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use