Atmospherics minor remapping

TullyBBurnalot

I'd propose removing the door/wall/windows that separate that tiny as hell room with the Gas Mix control computer and the end of the Distribution Loop from the rest of Atmospherics.

I mean... why is it there? Anyone who can get into Atmospherics can get into there, and it's just taking up space and limiting construction. Hell, a lot of the times that Atmos gets rebuilt, the windows have to go anyway.

Why not just remove it entirely and make Atmos one big room?

I could be wrong on this, but I believe the purpose of that room is to visually separate the distribution and incoming waste pumps from the rest of atmos.

9/10 of the time, atmos techs won't touch that room since it IS the distribution pumps (turbine users tend to be exceptions), and even though anyone who has access can access that room, it IS another step and slowdown for griefers (plus another set of prints for admins to reference).

I honestly say that it's fine to leave in place. Any large scale reconfigures that require knocking out those windows tend to be done by the most knowledgeable techs, and the visual separation is needed for the least knowledgeable. Plus, most techs know how to take out a door and windows anyways.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use