more emag suggestions

Arenn

me and a bro were talking on OOC and we came up with this shiny set of ideas for an emag

-Emags start with 3 charges, down from six

-traitors now spawn with an emag, or one pops into their PDA on activation for autotraitor

-instead of buying more emags, you can give it an additional charge for 1tc per

-emag cost unchanged, if you lose yours, you pay six for another emag that still starts at 3

-emags can now cost multiple charges (maybe equivalate it to having a power cell of some sort that needs to generate more power to do certain actions)

-for example, emagging a comms console to call in SST or acquire new objectives costs 2-3 charges or just consumes the emag, since the new allotment of tc would be op in this situation otherwise

just like with my previous suggestion about emags, I'm looking at traction and stuff like that!

Emags are infinate, not 6 charges. You might be looking at a different wiki.

I always thought they were six. If they're infinite, that's even more ridiculous than my idea, truthfully. I'm now even more in favor of my idea, since it would encourage more sporadic use, as opposed to those traitor rounds where all of engineering is emagged open every five minutes for lulz

it would encourage more sporadic use, as opposed to those traitor rounds where all of engineering is emagged open every five minutes for lulz

You mean security, with lockers busted open, right? Cue greytide/syndi with stun gear AND syndi gear.

I really, truly do like the idea we have going on. That being said, it even says in the suggestions rules/reminders that not everything is meant to be balanced. I think this is more viable, and requires more tact than Ermergerg, Emag everything!

it would encourage more sporadic use, as opposed to those traitor rounds where all of engineering is emagged open every five minutes for lulz

You mean security, with lockers busted open, right? Cue greytide/syndi with stun gear AND syndi gear.

I really, truly do like the idea we have going on. That being said, it even says in the suggestions rules/reminders that not everything is meant to be balanced. I think this is more viable, and requires more tact than Ermergerg, Emag everything!

I'm gonna say I saw a shift where engineering was emagged open from the lobby through atmos no less than four times. I was AI that shift and sec was shitcurity and wouldn't hold the vox that was seemingly always in medbay maintenance.

Oh, see, I see the security thing more often. Especially if they are going for the HoS locker for the gun that THEY NEVER KEEP IN THERE.

I think the doors would cost one, while lockers two, consoles 3, cyborgs 3 (for a complete emagging), just that kind of thing. Importants 3, semi important/special 2 and regular/common 1

Using an E-mag is stupidly dangerous if you're not careful. It forces the door open making a sound, meaning if there's anyone in your area they will hear it. Also, if you're near an E-maged door or closet and people see you... they have a tendency to call sec and sometimes act as a meat shield that blocks you because reasons. Not to mention that the players already using the E mag 2-5 times if they bought it with the exception of griffers.

So if you got in and out of security with tasers and shit, It's because the warden is SSD and nobody bothered to replace him... that goes for engineering too.

Using an E-mag is stupidly dangerous if you're not careful. It forces the door open making a sound, meaning if there's anyone in your area they will hear it. Also, if you're near an E-maged door or closet and people see you... they have a tendency to call sec and sometimes act as a meat shield that blocks you because reasons. Not to mention that the players already using the E mag 2-5 times if they bought it with the exception of griffers.

So if you got in and out of security with tasers and shit, It's because the warden is SSD and nobody bothered to replace him... that goes for engineering too.

I disagree with this last statement about getting in and out because SSD specifically, but because sec is usually shit/not in the brig at all, yes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use