Vocal Chords and Scream Damage

KasparoVv

The short of this suggestion is that 'vocal chords' should sustain brute damage if you scream excessively (read as: too frequently), so if you scream repeatedly before a certain time passes, you take some brute damage. In excessively HOT ATMOSPHERE, your vocal chords should sustain burn damage as you breathe.

For burn damage, the message would be 'you feel your throat searing from the heat!'

For brute, 'Screaming begins to make your voice raw and throat sore!'

Severe damage,

Burn > 'Your throat feels insanely dry, and you find yourself unable to speak!' > Triggers mute.

Brute > 'You feel your throat swell and make a strange squeaking noise, unable to form words!' > Triggers mute.

Both repairable by throat surgery and trauma kit.

The only reason I'm in support of this is that there really isn't enough use for throat surgery. In fact, I've never done it before, its so rare. But that's irrelevant, I do think triggering mute is a bit harsh, because the main legal way scream spam is used is to attract attention to an antag action, when you don't have time to report over radio. Also, sustaining light, repetitive brute damage (ie. Getting whacked in the foot with a cardboard tube while its already broken) would be enough to trigger a scream every hit, which might force the mute while they then do something overtly antag, making them unable to report. I dunno.

the main legal way scream spam is used is to attract attention to an antag action, when you have already lost your headset to report over radio.

Fix'd.

Yeah, I've got mixed feelings about it too. I do like the throat burn damage idea.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use