Kharsai - Adminbus during actual rounds

SigholtStarsong

Admin Key: Kharsai

Complaint:

There's not going to be to much to this complaint, honestly.

Kharsai came into a Cult round about two-thirds of the way through the round. In an effort to make "Fun" happen (instead of letting us play the round like normal), he decided to spawn a wizard who summarily polymorphed me and caused me to be taken out of the round.

I don't mind a little bit of !!FUN!! now and again - in clearly demarcated !!FUN!! rounds, or a special visitors. But spawning an antag in a round more than two-thirds over is utterly unacceptable.

As a reply to my (Admittedly less than polite) Ahelp, he replied

Sorry, you must understand from my perspective that I saw a mech and a very high ranking command member trying to recall the shuttle. I apologise if I annoyed you.

Apology accepted, but the behavior still needs addressing - especially since it's not the game admin's job to prevent a shuttle from being recalled or even to FORCE a shuttle call. It's not cute, it's not funny, and it's definitely not OK.

Addendum: I am more annoyed with the fact that the round was coming to an end naturally - I was preparing to drop the alert condition to Blue so Crew Transfer could come when I was taken out of the round

Edited by Guest

So, I'll just post my perspective on this.

I joined the server late on, to find that the entire cult had seemingly been wiped out with 4 members very early on into the round. The wizard(played by me, since no other ghosts accepted it) killed a grand total of around 3 people, and, in my opinion, made the round more interesting. I very rarely do anything like this outside of extended rounds.

The way I see it, the creation of a wizard gave the crew and security something to do, and added more excitement to a round where the antagonists failed to create it. As I said through admin PMs, I'm very sorry that you were taken out of the round, and that it angered you so much. The other players at the time seemed to enjoy the added excitement, but it's impossible to please everyone.

I will handle into this tomorrow, but I will say this right now,

But spawning an antag in a round more than two-thirds over is utterly unacceptable

it's not the game admin's job

making a complaint and saying these is often the wrong thing to say, particullarly when coupled with

spawn a wizard who summarily polymorphed me and caused me to be taken out of the round.

As this makes the complaint look VERY "I died, admin plz" or just a spurt of retaliation.

EDIT: FUCK WORK. I'll leave this to Cian.

Alright so after some discussion with other seniors and hearing kharsai's side of it here is my perception of things.

As you said kharsai came into the round about two-thirds of the way into it and went on to spawn a wizard in a cult round. Their reasoning was most of the cultists had been deconverted and more or less no antags thus the round was basically extended +

Kharsai wanted to breathe some life into the round and was within their rights to. It is unfortunate you were taken out of the round but these things happen, when a round gets too boring people begin to complain.

If you wish to press this further then by all means but for now I see no valid reasoning to continue this. I will be closing this tomorrow unless you respond before then.