Law Radio

Jguytriple5

Just a plain simple radio channel for the law-sub department. I mean the cargo sub-department has one.

So why not have an :L law channel for lawyers, IAA and the magistrate. Maybe the NT rep could als join in on this.

Or just change the service radio to a law radio. I never see anyone using :z anyways.

A radio channel.

For like, only 2-3 people.

6a22ec1372350bb64757502d070d8492.jpg

I'm pretty sure both the Magistrate and IAA agents have Security Radio. This is all that's really necessary communication wise, if they need to discuss something in private, well, they have PDAs for this exact reason. PDA system down? There's a thing, you know, it is pretty amazing, it's called contact. Find some room (IE your office) and talk in there, the only people able to hear you is the AI and in what world is some employee complaint matter meaningful to a glorified IBM?

IMO IAA and Magistrates are useless in all forms, noone bothers to RP with them, noone bothers to RP as them, they never even touch the fax machines, they all treat everything with a "We'll handle it at centcomm" manner. If for whatever reason they were removed I would not bat an eye, their offices waste some nice hallway or maintenance space.

Edited by Guest

I don't think they need their own channel, but it would be nice for them to have a channel to communicate on that isn't as full as security. Perhaps they could be given the service channel in addition to security?

Consider this: Make it!

The implements are all readily available in-game from the time R&D has researched literally anything with a bluespace value, let alone the insta-finished R&D most people get now. Just get access (or ask someone with access) to go to the telecomms sat and build the server. Hell, you could even add a script to common radio to give it it's own symbol.

I wouldn't mind this really. Well the Magistrate and IAA would be the primary two on this channel, Captain, HoS/Warden and NT Rep should all have access as well to monitor or weigh in discussion. IAA/Magistrates being in Security at all is kinda annoying to begin with, they don't patrol or keep the station safe, their entire job is to interject themselves when they think Space Law isn't being properly enforced, or just a royal pain in the ass any other time.

Well the Magistrate and IAA would be the primary two on this channel, Captain, HoS/Warden and NT Rep should all have access as well to monitor or weigh in discussion. IAA/Magistrates being in Security at all is kinda annoying to begin with, they don't patrol or keep the station safe, their entire job is to interject themselves when they think Space Law isn't being properly enforced

You're almost there...

I just don't find IAA particularly active and the magistrate simply uses command and security for lawtalk.

I remain unconvinced.

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't mind this really. Well the Magistrate and IAA would be the primary two on this channel, Captain, HoS/Warden and NT Rep should all have access as well to monitor or weigh in discussion. IAA/Magistrates being in Security at all is kinda annoying to begin with, they don't patrol or keep the station safe, their entire job is to interject themselves when they think Space Law isn't being properly enforced, or just a royal pain in the ass any other time.

This is, like, the entire reason they DO have security channel, at least as far as I know. They can directly wedge officers' actions without any go-between, and they don't have to shadow the HoS all shift, they just listen to security radio and weigh in when they need to. At least, this is my interpretation of how they are SUPPOSED to be played. I have never played IAA and do not own Magistrate, so I could be entirely wrong. Also, I agree that the amount of people that RP the IAA and the number of people that play magistrate at all, especially to do so correctly, is a slender cut of the pie, at best.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use