Nutrients and sleep healing

GuardianStriker

I can't say for sure if this is in the game or not. But I feel like it isn't in the game. Which I feel like it should be since I think the base game of Space Station 13 has this.

Anyway here's my suggestion. I want the nutrients of food in our body to be able to heal very minor wounds as they're still digesting in your body.

Because it kind of makes me wonder why I have a bruise on my body and it doesn't seem to heal unless I get first aid on it. It should be able to heal on its own.

On top of that, the nutrients should be able to heal small cuts that we get as well and turn the cuts into scabs in a few short minutes.

Again, I can't say for sure if this is already in the game. Because I can't tell if it just takes forever or there's no healing at all when there's nutrients in your body.

Regardless, I wish for the nutrients from the food we eat to have healing properties. Sure it would never heal major injuries like major deep cuts or fractured bones. But it still would be great to have the nutrients of our body to heal our minor injuries. Since I think that works with real life people as well.

The only downside is you'll be digesting and burning through your food a little bit faster whenever the nutrients in your body start to heal minor injuries. So you'll be getting hungry a little bit quicker than normal and nutrients healing stops whenever you see the yellow burger icon. Showing that you're getting a little peckish.

Also I feel like there's no point to sleeping other than RP purposes like if you want to act like your character is getting sleepy. So I kind of want sleeping to be able to very slowly heal suffocation damage and toxin damage. Because you're breathing slower than normal when sleeping which gives your lungs a little time to rest and relax; And it is true that sick people will sometimes get better through a good night's sleep.

Not sure if there's sickness in the game, because all I know is that there's viruses, diseases and toxins. I don't know for sure about sickness like catching a cold or having a soar throat. If there isn't any sickness, then I think sleep should be able to very slowly heal viruses, diseases and toxins that are in the body.

Sure it would take almost forever to heal whatever is making your body sick, but it would be helpful if medbay isn't available. Not to mention it would give medbay more time to save you from death if whatever is in your body is killing you.

Anyway, that is all.

Nutriment, Protein, and Plant-Matter all have a chance to heal small amounts of damage when metabolized (assuming your species diet includes it). It's not much, but snacking on a bag of chips can help heal some minor injuries.

As for sleeping, it doesn't currently do much, aside from maybe helping regain stamina or counteract hallucinations. I may be mistaken though, and would need to dig through the code to double check.

There are plenty of easily obtainable ways to heal minor burns, toxins, and brute damage... Just ask your local bartender.

Nutriment, Protein, and Plant-Matter all have a chance to heal small amounts of damage when metabolized (assuming your species diet includes it). It's not much, but snacking on a bag of chips can help heal some minor injuries.

As for sleeping, it doesn't currently do much, aside from maybe helping regain stamina or counteract hallucinations. I may be mistaken though, and would need to dig through the code to double check.

There are plenty of easily obtainable ways to heal minor burns, toxins, and brute damage... Just ask your local bartender.

Well I do ask the Bartender for the "Doctor's Delight" drink. But I hear it only heals Toxin damage and nothing else.

Man I miss the old days of DD. 10u or more could bring a person out of crit and put them in the green. Chemist/Bartender alliance ftw.

I wouldn't be opposed to sleep having you metabolize things at a faster rate, such as sleeping off the booze you chugged down in the bar. And/or giving it a bonus to healing meds and reagents, a little bit of ether with your charcoal and you purge that tox damage faster?

Making sleep a straight healing method is silly though. It should improve other methods, but by itself should do nothing (I.e. no sleeping after a bar fight and waking up healed without using a single healing item.)

Making sleep a straight healing method is silly though. It should improve other methods, but by itself should do nothing (I.e. no sleeping after a bar fight and waking up healed without using a single healing item.)

I like this.

I like this.

Same. Someone make it so

Man I miss the old days of DD. 10u or more could bring a person out of crit and put them in the green. Chemist/Bartender alliance ftw.

I wouldn't be opposed to sleep having you metabolize things at a faster rate, such as sleeping off the booze you chugged down in the bar. And/or giving it a bonus to healing meds and reagents, a little bit of ether with your charcoal and you purge that tox damage faster?

What made you think sleeping should heal injuries crazy fast anyway? I never once said any of that, so I have no idea what made you wander off the world of "realism" all of the sudden.

Of course sleeping should be able to make the healing process of meds and other such helpful medicine work more efficient. But I feel like it should also heal without them, if such medical help is not available. Only at a very realistic slow pace though.

Like only heal 1 damage for all types after 5 minutes of sleep.

Edited by Guest

Too little. 5 dmg? 25 minutes. That's a lot of time.

IMO sleep should aid you in surviving heavy injuries. Should slow down your death and accelerate some meds.

But nothing else! We don't need another source of healing!

Too little. 5 dmg? 25 minutes. That's a lot of time.

IMO sleep should aid you in surviving heavy injuries. Should slow down your death and accelerate some meds.

But nothing else! We don't need another source of healing!

Yes I agree. Sleep should help aid in surviving heavy injuries and being unconscious should also do the same.

But only if whatever is killing you while you're unconscious has stopped causing you pain and suffering.

Like if someone has stopped beating your unconscious body and decides to leave you, your body will start to slowly regenerate to slow the process of death, but not to get you back on your feet.

Or if someone has pulled you out of a place that has no oxygen, into a place that has oxygen. Once you start breathing oxygen for a brief moment, you stop dying through lack of oxygen. Though you'll still remain unconscious unless you seek medical help.

The oxygen thing already occurs if you haven't taken a considerable amount of it.

I believe so long as your lungs aren't ruptured, oxygen damage heals if you're put in an oxygenated environment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use