The Lone Operative event

NTSAM

If a hypothetical Lone Operative event would have regular antagonists in it, it'd probably feel more fun than a chore as being the only antagonist without the ability to enthrall/revolutionarize doesn't sound like too much fun.

If a hypothetical Lone Operative event would have regular antagonists in it, it'd probably feel more fun than a chore as being the only antagonist without the ability to enthrall/revolutionarize doesn't sound like too much fun.

From what I read it was indeed a midround event that could happen on any/most roundtypes, so you can have 12 changelings, 3 traitors, and a lone operative if you were lucky.

A lone operative sounds like fun, but I can't help but to want it to have more benefits as being the only one. More access to traitor gear, maybe more telecrystals. At least the means to make more interesting traitoring that a bunch of organized members can do. Sure it also depends on their ability (toxins anyone?) but being alone might give some feelings of uselessness.

Eh. I think I'm still wanting a "murderbone everyone on the station" objective for a traitor. Maybe a lone murderer psychopath might be fun

Perhaps change the objective from "nuke the station" to something else? It would suck if traitors and lings had done their objectives, being villainous and -bam- nuke because the disk went missing.

Perhaps change the objective from "nuke the station" to something else? It would suck if traitors and lings had done their objectives, being villainous and -bam- nuke because the disk went missing.

I could see that, maybe change the objective to "Raid the Vault" (IE steal all the moneh) for example.

I like the idea, but introducing someone with a free pass to murderbone and a potential roundender at a random time could easily go wrong.

I'd expect it to be pretty pretty rare (maybe as rare as a xenomorph infestation?) but I doubt it'd be too OP. After all, how long do murderboner nukies last when they stray away from the group during the standard Nuclear Emergency gamemode? Not that long, really, especially if they have noone but theirself to mooch TC off of.

EDIT: Also, I think it'd be better if we changed the "Nuke Station" objective as mentioned earlier. Just make them like

• Steal AI

• Rob the Vault

Locate other Syndicate Affiliates and give them a certain weapon you spawn with (A lone nukie with this objective could have less-than-normal TC to discourage straying farther from their objective and to make them more infiltrate-y)

Of course all my ideas for this are sub-par, but it's really up to whatever the code wants to do and I doubt that any of my ideas minus "Steal AI" would work.

It'd be neat as an admin thing to spice up slow rounds, though.

Oh, definitely yes, I believe someone suggested AnturK add it fo the Create Antag menu too.

Edited by Guest

A lone operative is likely to play it pretty tactical and try avoid detection, so I imagine they could kill a fair few people before getting mowed down by sec should they choose to take the murderbone route. 20 TC is enough for some serious killing potential.

There's also the issue with a lone operative deploying into engineering and releasing the singularity just to be a dick, unless the rules were different for them.

A lone operative is likely to play it pretty tactical and try avoid detection, so I imagine they could kill a fair few people before getting mowed down by sec should they choose to take the murderbone route. 20 TC is enough for some serious killing potential.

There's also the issue with a lone operative deploying into engineering and releasing the singularity just to be a dick, unless the rules were different for them.

Er, well, if we gave him the different objective thing and make him fall under "Play Antags Responsibly" then this may be avoidable... darn, I'm clueless of what to do now.

Also, isn't 20 TC what norm. traitors spawn with anyway? All the nukie'd get would be a fancy gun and a suit he can get from the normal uplinks anyhow.

Er, well, if we gave him the different objective thing and make him fall under "Play Antags Responsibly" then this may be avoidable... darn, I'm clueless of what to do now.

Also, isn't 20 TC what norm. traitors spawn with anyway? All the nukie'd get would be a fancy gun and a suit he can get from the normal uplinks anyhow.

20 TC is standard for traitors, but it's still more than enough to go on an effective murderbone spree combined with standard nukeops gear.

The event would either need a rework, be limited to a round-changer of the magnitude of xenos, or a different objective.

As it is right now, the Lone Operative is an admin only spawn with 30 TC to use, with the Nuke objective and some select gear choices from what I see.

I can see this being used when the antags aren't doing jack or if they all die very early. Very looking forward to it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use