More Interactions

Aestras

So, the me verb isn't perfect. It makes it hard to do interactions with others quickly. Hugs are generally about as far as physical interaction goes between two people. I suggest a few new interactions to enrich RP experience, where it actually happens. While hugs are nice, a couple more hug-like interactions couldn't hurt. As far as I know, they wouldn't require much snowflake code as the basis is already laid out with other, more violent interactions.

My first proposal would be kiss. Hugs are nice and all, but sometimes you want to go that extra step. Kisses would be executed by grabbing someone passively, and them grabbing you back, entering dance state, then open hand help intent clicking on that person. Smooch sound optional.

Second would be cuddle, basically hugging while both you and your target are laying down. Prepare for clown-pod cuddle-fests.

Next is less of a physical interaction, and more audible. Speaking softly. Basically whispering, but with a tile or two extra radius. Sometimes you want to speak to someone who is across a table, but don't want to broadcast what you're saying to the entire room. A verb like whisper could do the trick, simply use something like: softly "Words Words Words." : to do something like : Dante Basela quietly says, "Words Words Words.":

Thank you for your time.

Kissing and cuddling likely will be dismissed as "ERP material", and I'd rather not dwell on explaining why.

Instead, I'd like to focus on that speaking softly idea. I like that, since some people just WON'T STAY STILL when I try to lean in to whisper things.

I believed that ERP had to be in some way Erotic, thus the E in ERP. Besides, cuddling is basically just floorhugging anyways.

Skipping that, it's very difficult to whisper to people at times, but you still want some privacy/secrecy. Speaking quietly solves this.

I believed that ERP had to be in some way Erotic, thus the E in ERP. Besides, cuddling is basically just floorhugging anyways.

While it is very calm compared to the stuff we really look for, it's best to nip it in the bud rather then let people keep pushing how far they can go, which would be harder to do if it's an ingame mechanic.

How about patting? Here is an example:

say "*pat-Ian" --> Sample Character pats Ian's back

What is running through my mind is patting a Sec Borg on its back after it has successfully slaughtered a Nuclear Ops squad.

I need a high five verb for undisclosed reasons.

This would be hilarious.

Player 1 uses the high-five verb, and puts up their hand. Everyone nearby gets a message "Player 1 is looking for a high-five!"

If someone else adjacent to Player 1 uses a high-five, they complete the high-five (complete with slap sound).

If Player 1 uses the high-five verb again before someone can complete the high-five, they will retract the high-five, causing anyone who attempts to complete it within the next few seconds that they were "Too slow!"

HOWEVER, if the window of opportunity (we'll say 5-10 seconds) passes without anyone completing the high-five (and it is not retracted), everyone nearby is notified that Player 1 was left hanging. Player 1 is also informed of their humiliation at being left hanging.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use