Make the examine text more readable

SpaceTimeNow

I am talking about the medical stats of a person.

tF9gH33.png?1

For me this just looks like a clusterfuck of information and it's very difficult to get a good quick read on the targets current condition. It literally hurts my eyes trying to read this, because there is absolutly no guidance for the eye. You have to parse the text word by word for keywords like tiny, morderade, burn, bruise, head, chest and when i reached the end, i have already forgot how hurt the head is.

You can't just look at this and tell which are the 3 most injured parts of the body.

The only usefull information you quckly can get from this is (if you know what you are looking for):

- He seems asleep

- He is not breathing

- He has a pluse

So i know he sustained so much damage that he started suffocating, but i have no idea what to patch up first. I don't want so see numeric values like with a scanner but it needs better formatting and maybe some highlighting. No full on sentences please.

Here's what you do: If you see more than 2 ripped burns, burn patch.

More than 2 ripped bleeding cuts, heal patch.

Tons of random and crazy wounds, get their ass to medbay or use a health scanner.

No breathing, but has a pulse : Autoinjector and get medical help immediately.

No pulse : If they aren't Dionae, IPCs, or the like, drag them to cloning.

He seems asleep: Help intent until they stand up, unless they're SSD, then pull to medbay.

Also remember to examine your surroundings as well for hints on what happened, if there's a bloody crowbar next to them you might need a health patch, empty plasma canister may be toxins or burns, etc etc

I think the examine text is good how it is at the moment, you just need a bit of self-training to figure out how to heal based solely on that. You shouldn't be using examine for treating wounds anyway, unless you lack an analyzer or scanner.

EDIT: Actually, it would be nice if they had darker yellow text that groups what kind of injuries they have with the body part, example

This is Assistant!

He is wearing a grey jumpsuit.

He is wearing some blood stained black shoes!

He isn't responding to anything and seems to be asleep.

He doesn't appear to be breathing.

Injuries:

IHead:

There are a few bruises and a ripped bleeding cut here.

He seems asleep: Help intent until they stand up, unless they're SSD, then pull to medbay.

There's a cryosleep room in the dorms especially built for SSD people to go in, use it.

The doctors dont need an uninjured SSD assistant cluttering up their halls and confusing them as to who needs treatment and who doesnt

There's a cryosleep room in the dorms especially built for SSD people to go in, use it.

The doctors dont need an uninjured SSD assistant cluttering up their halls and confusing them as to who needs treatment and who doesnt

I didn't mean SSD. That's "Suddenly fell asleep."

I meant beaten unconscious, my epik engeesh just fucked up on the SSD part, SSDs you drag to cryo.

Even though discussions about medical stuff can be interessting, but please don't derail this topic with discussions of how or how not to treat that person.

My point is not that it is impossible to figure out what happend to the person, but the display of those information is necessary complicated and confusing.

As a player who frequently plays medical professions, I can tell you that sorting injured body parts by the most severely injured would most certainly help. Maybe change the color of the text depending how injured they are.

Since we can now see progress bars for tasks like cleaning floors or welding walls (although they dont' show up for everything and can be inaccurate at times), why not have a health bar for each limb instead of they have a carbonised area on their forehead

If the limb has taken no damage, the health bar for that limb will not show up. If the limb has taken damage, the red portion of the health bar would indicate brute damage, the yellow portion of the health bar would indicate burn damage, and the blue portion of the health bar would indicate that a limb wasn't fully damaged.

Maybe measure the length of the bar where 100 units of damage is the maximum that can be displayed at once. Unless an admin decides to fill someone's system with an ungodly amount of hellwater *cough* *cough* or something like that, there shouldn't be problems.

Not sure if i understand, but i don't think you can just display a "healthbar" in the chatbox.

While i would appriciate such elaborate changes, i don't think it's really necessary. Nicely formatted and shortened text with maybe some highlighting would already be sufficient.

Here's what you do: If you see more than 2 ripped burns, burn patch.

More than 2 ripped bleeding cuts, heal patch.

Tons of random and crazy wounds, get their ass to medbay or use a health scanner.

This would be useful if the examine text actually updated when you get fully healed. I often spend around five seconds per round without any space protection as mechanic, then end up walking around with about a dozen lines of injury text for the rest of the shift, even at full health.

The whole system needs an full overhaul, to be honest.

I think it would be much easier if, instead of grouping injuries by body part, it grouped them by the type of injury. It could look something like:

He has tiny bruises on his head, left arm, left hand and right leg.

He has fresh skin on his left leg, left foot and right foot.

He has moderate burns on his hand, left arm and left hand.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use