Bladder system

GuardianStriker

I know this may seem rather pointless to implement to most. But do you want to know what's also pointless? The bathrooms.

I mean yeah, I get it that you can go to the bathroom and role play yourself peeing in the urinal or pooping in the toilet. But that's just laziness to me and I still don't see the point of going to the bathrooms.

So I really want a bladder mechanic that fills up the more you eat food and the more drink liquids that's not displayed in the HUD. Instead, you get a warning in text stating the following:

For a peeing warning it says "You start squeezing your legs together and grit your teeth as you try to hold the need to go. . .like you know. . .go."

For a pooping warning it says "You start farting uncontrollably. You really need to go. . .like go you know?"

If anyone doesn't want to implement the bladder system, then at least remove the bathrooms. I just don't see much point in leaving the rooms there in Paradise Station, other than washing your hands and your clothes on the sink.

The bathrooms actually function fairly well for nefarious deeds, such as hiding bodies, stolen loot, or the clown.

Toilets can be used to hide items, and a locked up bathroom stall tends to go unnoticed.

It also has a rubber duck.

The bathrooms actually function fairly well for nefarious deeds, such as hiding bodies, stolen loot, or the clown.

Toilets can be used to hide items, and a locked up bathroom stall tends to go unnoticed.

It also has a rubber duck.

Well that's cool and all. But those are not "primary" functions of a bathroom and that's only helpful if you're an antag.

A bathroom is for people that need to do their business of emptying the food and drink they have digested in privacy.

I know the bathroom can be useful of hiding stuff like bodies and such, but that's only for antags and you obviously can't go around committing crimes like that at will since it's against server rules to do so. Unless it's supposed to be like that in "RP" matters or again, if you're an antag.

Committing crimes is not against the server rules.

Murdering and other self-antagonizing crimes (like grand theft, which typically covers stealing antag objective items) are, though on the grounds of breaking the rules regarding excessive violence and self-antagging more so than because you broke an IC law.

Back to topic though... The implementation of an entire system entirely centered around the bathrooms would be best designed for a much higher RP server than ours. The bathrooms are there, and if you want to roleplay needing to use the bathroom after a particularly long time enjoying the bar/kitchen, that is your choice.

Forcing players to use the bathrooms, however, begins to border on the potty-humor side of things (especially if you were to punish failure to do so with "accidents"), which is a topic which we have dealt with in the past when it was decided to remove things like poo and fart sounds.

The bathrooms, in their current state, are left included more for the sake of roleplay options, antag use, and generally to help the station feel slightly more habitable (and less empty). A system designed around them would be, while realistic and so forth, a poor fit for our playstyle and community.

Committing crimes is not against the server rules.

Murdering and other self-antagonizing crimes (like grand theft, which typically covers stealing antag objective items) are, though on the grounds of breaking the rules regarding excessive violence and self-antagging more so than because you broke an IC law.

Back to topic though... The implementation of an entire system entirely centered around the bathrooms would be best designed for a much higher RP server than ours. The bathrooms are there, and if you want to roleplay needing to use the bathroom after a particularly long time enjoying the bar/kitchen, that is your choice.

Forcing players to use the bathrooms, however, begins to border on the potty-humor side of things (especially if you were to punish failure to do so with "accidents"), which is a topic which we have dealt with in the past when it was decided to remove things like poo and fart sounds.

The bathrooms, in their current state, are left included more for the sake of roleplay options, antag use, and generally to help the station feel slightly more habitable (and less empty). A system designed around them would be, while realistic and so forth, a poor fit for our playstyle and community.

Sigh. . .okay fine. I get it that a lot of people get very annoyed of poop jokes but me on the other hand, I just completely ignore it.

For whatever it's worth, no. Bathrooms are good for antags and cleaning your clothes and hands. They're there because a space station would need them in real life, and they have their uses ingame, just not THAT use, and I hope they never will evermore. Dealing with shit and piss is, in my opinion, WAY to hard RP and never really works out in the end. It's just another distraction and a tool that will be abused, sexually or malevolently.

For whatever it's worth, no. Bathrooms are good for antags and cleaning your clothes and hands. They're there because a space station would need them in real life, and they have their uses ingame, just not THAT use, and I hope they never will evermore. Dealing with shit and piss is, in my opinion, WAY to hard RP and never really works out in the end. It's just another distraction and a tool that will be abused, sexually or malevolently.

I wouldn't really say it's hard to deal with since it only works if you eat or drink enough.

You can pretty much walk around without worrying about it until you see that burger icon and to be honest, there's really not a thirst system.

Yet people drink anyway for RP reasons.

All we need is pukin

Drink so much you rapid-fire chaingun puke and then go coma

rip whatever you drank

you already puke a lot if you've had way too much to drink.

As for pee/poo? Yes, we all do it, but I'd rather not dive into that end of the pool for our 2D spessmen game....likewise, there is very much a game element to SS13--having everything completely and totally realistic isn't necessarily a desirable thing.

I can agree with not having it but I know a few (read: one person) who would kill for such a feature. He did have poop working in an old build we ran but it has been lost since changing to a different code base.

You could find yourself doing a few more things with this though. Like a stomach virus that makes you go. And the farts as they were but nothing really important.

What about being able to flush things in the toilet? Like flushing away the used mindslave implanter, or your stash of ambrosia, to hide evidence and stuff.

You can already crowbar the toilet seat and hide small items in it, then crowbar it once more to close it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use