New event: The Fallout!

Xilia

So the whole thing is a bit based on metro, making colonies and some political grounds.

This Event is a bit discussed on beforehand. it needs some preparetion. The station gets an warning that it will get into a huge plasma cloud withing 15 or 20 minutes. Which will make the whole station radiated and filled with toxins. Completely unliveble for long periods. So everybody must evacuate to the mining and research outpost. People need to get as much as they can with them cause once they are there. resources will be very limited.... Few hardsuits. almost no food. no weapons. no materials. And a very low supply of air... The two outposts will have to work together for resources... or they may not. And it may turn out for a warfare for the few limited supplies.

optional""

A few radiation suits will be givin by nanotrasen to be able to SHORTLY do scavenging runs on the station (work this out on a small damage over time with some kind of suit, or getting weaker until starting to pass out to not being able stand and die. Give it a few signs or make a radiation meter where they can see how long they might have to return) for a few more supplies they can carry.

optional"""

Admins might decide to make an antag role to somebody over time with objectives like these 'you don't trust the current leader. Try to get him distrusted by the crew until overthrown' or they might send an small npc army of syndicates that see their chances to deliver a good blow to NT by killing its most elite crew, or some raiding clowns.

This event will make lots of unused features (like ghetto surgery) pretty plausible. But it needs preparation and maybe a bit coding.

To actually make this round interesting the next races would have to be forbidden (that is why this needs to be announced to the players beforehand)

no diona, slime, vox and machine people. Cyborgs allowed but they can't get to the station cause the plasma cloud emp the entire time. No AI

There is no actual win in this round. (maybe there is if admins decide to give it a timer they need to outlive until NT sends a specialized rescue shuttle) You need to use your wits to stay alive. might even try to get to derelict station and make it liveable. Or expand the current outposts with the metal you could take with you.

Please add your thoughts and idea/suggestions for this. it might turn out good :-D

Edit- This is, to indeed work, A 30-40 player count event; MAX

Think, act, survive!

Edited by Guest

This sounds like an event that Sigurd could, but Paradise couldn't run. But quite neat.

Mainly because how the fuck are you supossed to fit +70 meatbags in two tiny outpost with almost no atmos system?

I like the idea, but i don't see it working on Paradise. But if Sigurd runs it i may switch servers for few hours.

This sounds like an event that Sigurd could, but Paradise couldn't run. But quite neat.

Mainly because how the fuck are you supossed to fit +70 meatbags in two tiny outpost with almost no atmos system?

I like the idea, but i don't see it working on Paradise. But if Sigurd runs it i may switch servers for few hours.

But if Sigurd runs it i may switch servers for few hours. Totally

Just what i thought. Might make sigurd more attractive. But yea, I brought this idea up a few months when we had like 40 at peak hours. which would have been perfect...

But this idea needs some work anyway.

Actually there is the labor camp that could be actually more prosper since you don't need hardsuit to mine on it.

Instead of trying to squeeze everyone onto the mining and research station, make it so that only a limited number (10 or so) could be on each outpost respectively. That why we could add to the chaos of this event and have to figure out who is the most important and who should be left behind.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use