Add Animal Cruelty to Space Law (again)

SpaceTimeNow

I don't know why or how someone though removing Animal Cruelty from Space Law was a good idea.

Nobody cares about animals that are just mindlessly sitting in an office or just wander in a circle like "Coffee". But the moment a player enters such an NPC it channels the inner douchebag in some people and they see a chance to grief someone without beeing bothered by admins and now they are not even bothered by security?

Sorry but i fail to see how this is in line with what the server stands for: Having fun and even more important, provide fun for each other. Personally i would even go so far and make senseless killing an OOC issue, but that is for the admins to decide. Obviously that would add to the high workload the admins already have. What i want to see changed is is the IC side of things.

There needs to be at least some repercussions if you are beeing a total douchebag to another player.

Hmm, i actually didn't knew about that addion to Vandalism. Thanks!

But i guess my point still stands, why not make it's own law again. Animal cruelty beeing a vague addition (only mentioning Pun-Pun and Ian) to vandalism is unnecessary confusing.

Basically killing any of the starting pets is vandalism. You can't really make it more broad than the starting pets, otherwise genetics and virology would be constantly being arrested for hurting their monkeys.

edit: maybe including cargo ordered animals wearing a collar? If it has one it's probably owned by someone, right?

Basically killing any of the starting pets is vandalism. You can't really make it more broad than the starting pets, otherwise genetics and virology would be constantly being arrested for hurting their monkeys.

edit: maybe including cargo ordered animals wearing a collar? If it has one it's probably owned by someone, right?

The way I think it should work is if it has a name it should be punishable. Monkeys, slimes, farwas, mice, etc. would be ok. Beating Ian with a harmbaton to death is not.

The way I think it should work is if it has a name it should be punishable. Monkeys, slimes, farwas, mice, etc. would be ok. Beating Ian with a harmbaton to death is not.

Indeed pets should definitely have a elevated status and cannot be considered food or testsubjects, but i think i wouldn't hurt to also take into account of the death a random monkey was nessesary for the line of work: food, genetics, stuff like that. Whereas mudereing a random monkey in the hallway would be a crime.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use