Machine People

Malkaz

A few ideas about this new and wonderful race:

- Capable of using robotic channel. No headsets for them, they are their own radio(?)

- Need to breath just like everyone else, as they are not 100% machine, but no need to use hardsuits (remembering that space walk is not so easy and peaceful, the lack of an extra protection is not a good thing).

- Extra damage for EMPs./ overload sensors with flashes.

- Medicine cannot heal them. Instead, they would need the same procedure as a cyborg. Roboticist is their god.

- (OPTIONAL) Like pAI they can hack doors. But it's a long and slow process, just like the pAIs. But just doors, no hacking APC without the proper tools.

- (OPTIONAL) From time to time they need to recharge their batteries. Recharger like cyborgs, or finding new power cells (their hearts?). Being half machine and half human, they should be able to do the surgery on themselves (just ID-Crowbar-powercell-crowbar-ID)

-

Yes, but the "borgs but better" is not 100% true. Depends on how you see it. Borgs can take more punishment, have a bigger variation of modules, have the AI to back them, and they have some authority, as part of the station defense under the AI commands.

While Machine People are actually crewmembers, with far less authority (depending on the job), depending on the player's roleplay, with some cyborgs perks, but also "human" (or any race) perks. A hybrid.

For balancing purposes, you could do a slime people type "No-Cloning" in exchange for a more OP race.

This may already be the case, or, you could also do some kind of new machine shoved in a corner of telescience (Lots of room left in there) that "Transfers" the dead machine into a new frame that could require a lot of metal and possibly special minerals.

- Capable of using robotic channel. No headsets for them, they are their own radio(?)

Not a good idea. Especially in Mal AI rounds. AI can be safe talking to his/her cyborgs using this channel. Basically, the AI couldn't talk anymore about his evil plans.

- Need to breath just like everyone else, as they are not 100% machine, but no need to use hardsuits (remembering that space walk is not so easy and peaceful, the lack of an extra protection is not a good thing).

Needing a hardsuit is a good idea. Requiring them to breath not so much. Why would they need to breath?

- Extra damage for EMPs./ overload sensors with flashes.

Agreed.

- Medicine cannot heal them. Instead, they would need the same procedure as a cyborg. Roboticist is their god.

Agreed.

- (OPTIONAL) Like pAI they can hack doors. But it's a long and slow process, just like the pAIs. But just doors, no hacking APC without the proper tools.

Probably OP.

- (OPTIONAL) From time to time they need to recharge their batteries. Recharger like cyborgs, or finding new power cells (their hearts?). Being half machine and half human, they should be able to do the surgery on themselves (just ID-Crowbar-powercell-crowbar-ID)

Healing one self is OP, I think.

Just played as a Machine People, and this is what I have about them:

Warning: Blood Level LOW: 0% 0cl

Subject's pulse: 0 bpm.

They ARE dead.

They don't need to breath.

They need hardsuits for space walks.

Eyes burn with welding (No much logic here)

EMP does no damage (Just turns the radio off. If they turn to be their own radio, seems like a good explanation for the extra EMP damage)

They already replaced the hunger in machine people with the need to feed on power. You click with a grab-intent to sap power from APCS for food. Can't see much point in changing it now.

I'd like to maybe see more customization options for the machine people, like a colour picker for your screen or status emotes like the AI has.

Just on the general lore of this, machine people are as they sound... Machine People aka full robot. A cyborg is a being with both organic and robotic parts (in this case a robot body and a human brain).

-Giving them robot encryption key would ruin every malf AI round.

-Surgery on self would be OP.

-EMP should do damage.

-Own radio.. maybe?

-Flash should have same effect as it does to borgs.

-Roboticists required to heal/

-Hacking would be OP unless it took a long time and required panel to be open, possibly a unique hacking system?

-No need to breathe? Machine people are fully synthetic so should feel no need to breathe.

-The cell idea i like but if it were to be implemented have the power consumption rate pretty low.

A side note, i haven't really played with machine people too much as of yet but i read somewhere, i think it was bay, that emagging machine people makes them loyal to you. Im not sure whether or not thats in our code but i think it would be a nice addition.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use