[Suggetion] Pods what is missing?

Fethas

Now, I am thinking could add in some new modules and upgrades to podes (mechanic or RND made) however it has been stated that pods do sometime give an advantage some antags don't have. Hard to balance i agree with i like adding a bit of a flaw to a boon.

so to start off in a template:

Module:Pod GPS (like mining and Telescince has but activated by verb or other to see location/z level)

Flaw: Have a slot trade off maybe. Such as if you install the Pod GPS, then you have to remove the Tracking Beacon Misc system (the console for that being in Mechanics office)

Module: Shield

Flaw: The shield drains per hit until depleted and then needs a time of NOT BEING HIT for it to recharge.

While pods themselves are very cool and should be expanded on, they more then likely will not get looked at in their current state. A lot of admins, myself included, hate them since our code originally never had anything like them, so they mess up SO many antagonists it's not even funny. Vox Raiders and Nuke Ops are found out the moment they get to station, back when we had it Xenos could get sniped out of space by them, even now they can very very easily kill Blobs that place themselves near open space, all with the added bonus of being the fastest thing in the game.

If we answer their superior antag detection powers, there'll probably be more liking to upgrading them, but as it is right now, I feel Tigers addition of the Fabricators is good enough for them now.

Oh i can settle on and agree with that utterly. This if anything could be what ifs. or 'how could we balance in future'

but as a final silly suggestion that NO ONE SHOULD TAKE SERIOUSLY:

Clown pod

Honk Blaster for Clown Pod

Clown Pod can fit more then two people

Imagine this circling the station...

Picture comms.

"WHO MADE A HONK POD?!"

Honk pod could be fun for abducting people...

And I think it should have some sort of navigation system too. Something real world'ish would have it tied to a beacon on the station, and you would only have distance and bearing to the beacon available as a readout, so if you want to get somewhere you'd have to either chart it out or think about it.

Say, we have hidden portals on a specific spot on the edges of z levels. Like, you'd know if you get to a bearing of 210 from the station at 100 nautical miles, and you go a tile south, you'd get to the mining asteroid. You wouldn't see anything there, it'd be just space, but it'd be persistent during the round, and randomized across rounds. Maybe a fun little task to map out the shift? I'd be down for it.

• 2 weeks later...

This just makes me miss clown cars. Abduct the entirity of security and listen to them whine for 20 minutes before crashing and having a dozen people itching to kick you ass after everyone is force ejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use