The White Ship

Nickos

Quite recently the feature of repairing the white ship was added, and when repaired it can now been flown between it's starting point (base) to Cyberiad. I have repaired it a couple of times now, repairing the ships is quite time consuming and not quite as rewarding.

To make it more rewarding I came up with this idea; make it possible to travel to any of the derelicts with the ship. With that added you can for example travel to Cyberiad, gather a crew and then... Lead a pirate crew and claim the prices of the derelicts together with your crew, or... Lead them on a colonizing mission to for example the DJ station and setup a intelligence center listening in on every comm channel. Or... takeover the meteorite with the drug lab and cook some meth.

Currently the traveling menu looks something like this,

-Enable Stealth

-Travel to Cyberiad

-Return to Base

This is what it could look like,

-Enable Stealth

-Travel to Cyberiad

-Return to Base

-Travel to NT Asteroid

-Travel to Telecommunication satellite

- Travel to derelict;

- -DJ/Ruskie Station

- -Drug lab

- -Soviet Station

- -Clown Crash site

-(Also possibly when the evac shuttle has been called, make it possible for the white ship to travel and dock at cent comm as well.)

Not even all the derelicts have to be on it, just some of the larger ones.

OR..

-Enable stealth

-Travel to cyberiad

-Return to base

-Travel to RANDOM derelict.

tl;dr Add extra destinations to White Ship, to make repairing it more rewarding and so that you can start a piratey crew.

Edited by Guest

So you want something that travels to places like comms just making your "traitor" shenigans easier

So you want to fly off the clown crash shit just to get bananium faster?

So you want something that travels to places like comms just making your "traitor" shenigans easier

So you want to fly off the clown crash shit just to get bananium faster?

No and no, I don't know if you realise how long it takes to repair the ship (atleast half a round) it definantly won't make it easier. And I don't know if you read the same post as I did, but I just wanted to explore derelicts with a larger group of people.

But I also understand where your coming from so you could also have a menu like;

-Enable stealth

-Travel to Cyberiad

-Return to base

-Travel to RANDOM derelict

The only part of this I'd *really* support is it being able to travel to centcomm once the emergency/crew transfer shuttle leaves the station, and maybe the mining asteroid. You've proposed having more than 1 stop per Z-level in some cases, which is just too many IMO.

I fixed it up a few times recently and it took quite some time. It is based on luck so you can theoretically have it flying early into the round but in my attempts it took just over 1 hour to fix up.

I'd like to use it as an emergency shuttle but the ability to travel to derelicts makes it too easy. There would have to be some sort of mechanic implemented so you can only visit them if you were already there IMO, but that seems like too much work for something that won't be used very often if at all. It'd be nice to see a proper airlock on the ship and maybe more lights, but you could make that yourself if you had time and resources. Also, the design of the ship seems a little bugged or unfinished. There are floating space pod barriers outside it where it spawns and seemingly random windoors in the central bedroom.

It's fun to use it, but I felt like the time it took to repair it was wasted with so little functionality.

I'll note here; the reason it has so little functionality is because it was fully designed around just being in space above telecoms forever.

As for the random derelict things- the major problem is fitting the ship on the z-level. It requires a lot of space, the ship is bigger than the engineering outpost.

Another problem is that the shuttle system isn't built to handle random travel like that, and it would require poking a really touchy system.

Using it as an emergency shuttle- well, centcomm is already filled to the brim, and it would be difficult to find space to contain the ship.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use