Security Dog

Midaychi

Well this was recently made. Adds krav naga as a roundstart martial art ability for security forces.

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/10306

So I was wondering: What if there were a roundstart job of a german shepard or something, fit in a kevlar rig with a tracking collar and a headset for security?

Security dog. Somehow give them access to the help/harm/disarm/grab track and a single hand slot for their mouth. Have them able to use a takedown dog martial art that focuses around taking targets down and keeping them down for officers to assist?

Could also give them some sort of scent abilities for finding bombs/chems and people but I'm not sure how that'd work properly.

Maybe they'd have dog versions of synth laws. Like, "This is your training, follow it." laws/guidelines on how 2 dog.

Idk maybe it's a dumb idea.

From what I saw krav is for traitors, not sec.

In theory I'd love to see a doggie helping sec.

In practice, the code would be a nightmare to do properly, as would the rules around it. It'd have to be an expensive karma thing at the least.

From what I saw krav is for traitors, not sec.

In theory I'd love to see a doggie helping sec.

In practice, the code would be a nightmare to do properly, as would the rules around it. It'd have to be an expensive karma thing at the least.

Krav Maga is a fighting style good for 1 on 1 combat. It's obtainable from the traitor uplink in the form of gloves for 10tc, and Round-Start Security staff know it innately.

Fuck yes Inspector Rex. I must make a Vupla sec officer called that.

As for the Dog - it'd be annoying to code for the following reasons:

Ignoring race selection and a host of other things.

Being snowflakey as hell with regards to simple_animal code - attack types, inventory, etc

Reagents - atm I don't believe they process reagents at all.

Then it comes to behaviour - people not acting dog like enough...or too much like a dog (I've seen too much Ian ERP). People acting too smart, metawise, etc.

So were it to be coded (which i doubt, but i'd love) it'd need some quite snowflake code that makes Ian's corgi UI look basic.

Behaviour wise - I'd want to see it be 50kp minimum, just to keep away the shit players, and to make people act better for fear of being job banned.

But man, I would love to see it done well, both by the coders and the people playing as one.

derp.

I agree on the 50+ kp thing, getting people to properly play this might be a pain.

Any reason you couldn't just make this a child of normal carbons, then remove the stuff it doesn't need in the germanshepard.dm defines or whatever?

I mean, it's not like an admin's going to spawn 50 of these without ghosts. Right..?

Edit: I mean heck, if the intention is to only ever have one in a round, maybe three max, you could even let them have organs and surgery. Define dog kidneys. Prosthetic dog leg. They'd need their own wound overlays and stuff but, whatev right?

I figure unless a crazy amount of sprites/overlays for customizations were added though, it'd probably work like cyborg where your player setup doesn't matter that much appearance-wise.

I'd want to see it be 50kp minimum,

TAKE MY KARMA!!!

I think monkeys were converted to have organs and work with reagents for experimentation, perhaps the same could be done with security dogs/pets?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use