Fj45

In short:

This-

OneArm-ESB.png

Plus this-

IMG_0099.jpg

Wearing this:

9237000_orig.png

(Their suits are just insulating foil and foam, plus some tape and a rigged up cooling system)

And breathing cold CO2. Think plasmamen but cold and without the burning part.

If exposed to high heat they just melt into a puddle. They speak using slurps.

Shouldn't be too hard to code, their suit and tank should be able to be copied from the plasmamen, hardest part will be the sprites for it.

Thanks to SAA for making up the race and helping me refine them.

Some notes:

The suit isn't spaceworthy, they'll still take damage from pressure if exposed to space

The tank should probably be just simular to the vox tanks, that can fit into pockets and/or belts

Chilled n2o would be more snowy. If the suit isn't space worthy it'd be very hard to ever get to space, changing them to a space worthy one would be hell.

Cryolite is my name suggestion.

They'll be able to change suits at will, and any spaceworthy suit should also be able to keep them cool also hm actually hang on not sure if that'd be really codable, probably, maybe, it'll probably have to have some sort of dummy tag or idk I'll have to do a few checks before making that A Thing I'm pretty sure.

They also won't spill their gas everywhere like a plasmaman would, they only need to breathe the co2 not be surrounded by it at all times so that won't be an issue if that's what you're thinking of.

Main reason for the CO2 was Goon's ice moon, it has an atmosphere of CO2 and is covered in CO2 snow.

"Cyrolite" is good.

Also came up with "Thermosian"

Do we really need new species? I think we have enough.

We don't neeeeeed them, but its like a new hat, its just a nice thing to add into the game.

This would be preeeetty simple to code.

From the title alone, I thought this was going in a far different direction. So, a few tidbits that may be enjoyed:

The Wampa and Wendigo are far different concepts, as far as I really care to know. A wampa, which I will not really look into further than what I saw in the movies, is just a really big animal, not really much more than that. The Wendigo, however, is far more in depth. It is not only a very symbolic creature, it is also dips into spirituality. The wendigo is the fate of those who fall into cannibalism, either by possession, or just simply transformation, depends on what you want to believe. Personally, I think the wendigo would be a really cool concept, but probably not appropriate here, like, at all, in any way.

HOWEVER, I think you may enjoy a few other ideas stemming from these concepts, perhaps. If you are looking for a snowy creature, might I interest you in a bit of a shamanic twist on perhaps what you may have already been thinking? The Yeti, the Abominable Snowman, a shamanic guide. The Yeti is an illusive creature, a shamanic guide, a benevolent and teaching spirit. Some characteristics and lore behind such a concept would be an extremely low number of them, extremely "strong and silent" and otherworldly wise.

If not what you may be looking for, exactly, and you simply just wanted to focus more on the snowy bits, then perhaps I may interest you in frost giants, or ice trolls? I mean, those can simply be looked up, easily. Even still, you can just use the concepts for making up names, or using base ideas.

I had other ideas, I forgot them. Oh well.

Errr, you might be reading into it a bit more then this idea can cope.

The entire thing came about because someone had the silly idea of "lets make a literal snowflake race." and then went on from there.

The Wendigo bit was really just based on the Goon Station creature, not any of its folklore. That is some cool stuff though.

The race is really just a snow creature (or a SNOW creature) wearing a makeshift insulation suit.

I am disappoint that the Wendigo is a thing already in ss13, and has probably been butchered from the really cool idea of what it actually is. Oh well.

But now I see, that totally makes way more sense now, wanting an actual snowflake creature as a race, with all things considered. I haven't been on in a really long time, but I have been trying to stay updated

Mechanically animated snowmen that come from a distant planet and have a really in depth culture and is really "cool" and has more mannerisms than . . . snowflakes . . . I guess. A literal snowflake race. They need a really nerdy and long annoying name for full on snowflakey-ness.

This idea is grand. Make it happen. I shall declare myself the king of the snowflake people. No, really, it will be in my flavour text: "In front of you, you see a massively large 9001 foot tall snowflake with all the right curves in all the right places. He has long flowing hair, and has inviting but still steely cold eyes that stare off into the distance, as if he has seen many things in his life .. . He is the king of all the snow people after fighting many snowball fights and losing almost all of his snowflake brothers, you can even still see his battle scars on his perfectly strong snowflake arms. He speaks with a booming voice. Also, he can deadlift the entire station and shoot lasers from his nostrils. He is also invincible. You get the impression that he is the most important person ever, and that he can role play better than anybody ever."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use