IPC change

orelbon

First off i want to start by reminding everyone that IPCs are extremely weak and take 50%! more damage to burn and brute meaning three hits with a decent weapon and their body parts will start falling off, and even though they are immune to viruses and etc they are fragile and will break easily, that combined with the fact that not everyone on the station has a welder or wire even though it's easily available people generally won't want to make the effort ,also asking people around to fix you seems like a poor RP, and roboticists aren't always there or might be afk or SSD. So all i want is to at least be able to repair brute damage with a welder while someone else has to fix your internal wires.

Holy run-on sentence Batman!

Summary: IPCs get wrecked in combat easily. Let IPCs repair their brute damage by themselves, but require the help they currently require to repair burn.

As a IPC-player myself, I am quite familiar with the frustration of trying to find someone willing to use a welder on you, though luckily medical has become increasingly familiar with the process over the past couple months. Combine that with most engineers and roboticists being familiar with IPC / prosthetic repair, or even random crew when handed a welder and told what to do, finding the help is nowhere near as difficult as it used to be.

During the period where repairing IPCs would incur the welding eye-damages, almost no one would be willing to help out of fear of going blind. Welders and cable are fairly easy to track down, and many people would not question an IPC carrying a welder and/or cable coil in their bag/pocket for convenience.

Asking random people to help you with repairs doesn't strike me as any less meaningful RP than asking someone to help you bandage a cut you can't reach or other comparable tasks such as dragging you to medbay because you broke your legs.

in theory it would be easy, but when the station is blow up and everyone one is busy it becomes a lot harder, and when the station is down the shithole is when we mostly need repairs. The self weld but help for coils seems rational as you can repair the dents on your body but you cant see your own wiring to properly repair it.., and i'm guessing IPCs can't repair themselves because everyone thought it was too op, but we can literally be dismantled with 5 hits in a fight....

in theory it would be easy, but when the station is blow up and everyone one is busy it becomes a lot harder, and when the station is down the shithole is when we mostly need repairs. The self weld but help for coils seems rational as you can repair the dents on your body but you cant see your own wiring to properly repair it.., and i'm guessing IPCs can't repair themselves because everyone thought it was too op, but we can literally be dismantled with 5 hits in a fight....

In my opinion it's a placeholder fear of the Return of the Engiborg, where you woul be fighting one and then it immediately runs off and heals itself to max, then runs back in before you got a chance to catch a breath. Not to mention Welders and Cable are far far more common then patches and chems for organics.

There's some nice buffs for them in the tube, Ponies is wanting them to be able to pop limbs back on for instance.

In my opinion it's a placeholder fear of the Return of the Engiborg, where you woul be fighting one and then it immediately runs off and heals itself to max, then runs back in before you got a chance to catch a breath. Not to mention Welders and Cable are far far more common then patches and chems for organics.

There's some nice buffs for them in the tube, Ponies is wanting them to be able to pop limbs back on for instance.

I would support the OP, but I did hear about cybernetics... and who doesn't love shotgun legs? As for the bugs, orelbon, IPCs have some of the snowflakiest code. They're fairly hard to work with due to all the bugs prior to organ code and chem, and they'd need a lot of changes before we had them functioning at even a pre-organ code state. There's a load of other issues, and organ code isn't just the one, for example when IPCs took burn damage from wearing any EVA equipment, which has luckily been changed for a long time. As it stands, just wait for cybernetics, play a while, and then see if the self-repair is needed.

As somebody who mains IPC, currently there really isn't time in combat to run off when two hits make your arm fly off, and where five direct hits to the head will kill you outright depending on the weapon. At this point, self-repair would be useful only to the point as to where you could fix the limb before it flew off, however, we should wait for cybernetics before discussing repair further as stated prior.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use