Medbay checkpoint.

monkeysfist101

Until recently on Paradise, there was a security checkpoint in medbay. It was replaced with an examination room that was only used for about a week. Seeing as the security checkpoint was used almost every round for rearming, resupplying, and RP, I propose that we bring it back and move the extra gear from the examination room to medical storage.

I'm going to agree with this. The security hut in medbay was a relatively safe spot to hide out in as an officer or what-have-you, and the exam room is useless. Seriously, all that's in there that's of any use is a single locker of spare medication, of which there are several elsewhere, and is almost never touched. Wheelchairs are marginally useful for cripples, but everything else is nonsense.

I never saw the security checkpoint used for anything other than a security officers to be semi-AFK in and for all security personnel+heads of staff to get access to medbay (which they're not meant to have).

Medical staff also abused the hell out of it by routinely breaking into it and filling their spray bottles with capsaicin, as well.

I'd also rather not have a security officer scrutinizing all of medbay's actions, 24/7, either.

The pepperspray refiller isn't really needed there. Having the only access being from the lobby, to avoid heads/sec barging into medbay seems fine too. As it is, I barely ever see the exam room used. The sec lobby was used a lot more, and having a guard assigned to medbay was quite useful.

A few people have suggested similar lobbies for the other departments too, which I'm not against.

Why not make it to a kind of Biolock & Waiting room( don´t know the english word for it) for treating people who could be infected.

This should include a 2 Door passage to outside medbay , only be possible to open from outside : --> | xxx | -->

Second Biolock to inside Medbay ( Viroaccess ).

Inside there should be :

- showers

- Biosuits for secure transfering to Isolation in Virology

- equipment for bloodsamples

- a pipe for transporting samples directly into viro (maybe)

- an isolated airsupply

- basic stuff like chairs , beds, fooddispenser

- maybe a cryotube for critical patients

- [scanner?]

Usefull for:

- People can bring theirselve into quarantine without poluting and infesting the entry area of medbay

- minimisation of contact with non infected crew

- Roleplay

- could be used as gateway if medbay is locked-down

1314071820-ebola-3Lef.jpg

Edited by Guest

The problem is that there's no scanner in Exam Room.

If we had the advanced body scanner, we'd be able to quickly diagnose people without having to drag them all the way through sleepers into the cryo/diagnostics/pre-surgery room.

It's been suggested multiple times, but nobody gives a shit.

But there's also a chance that it will still be ignored.

Either way, additional scanner won't hurt.

It's a cancer treatment center on VG....yes...there's cancer on VG.

port port port!

moar surgeries, including nasty tumours! even on your bones!

anyways, that part of medbay needs some more use, at least add a body scanner in there.

The problem with keeping the exam room in there in any capacity is that doctors will still drag patients to the sleepers. Why diagnose them in a room in the top right if you're just going to drag them to either the bottom left (sleepers) or the far bottom (surgery). If this were an actual hospital where the doctors actually put patients on beds or wheelchairs, the examination room would be used, AND it would have its own security force. Unfortunately, it's a medbay for the clinically insane and the utterly homicidal. Having a spot for a security guard trumps a disused, overly large, storage closet.

The problem with keeping the exam room in there in any capacity is that doctors will still drag patients to the sleepers. Why diagnose them in a room in the top right if you're just going to drag them to either the bottom left (sleepers) or the far bottom (surgery).

Also my concerns.

Why not scrap the idea and expand the morgue to prepare for the summer onslaught of 80+ player shifts?

The morgue isn't supposed to be the final destination for remains. The solution is to encourage he chaplain to "bury" the bodies out the mass driver, but that's out of the scope of this topic. The topic at hand is the return of the much used security checkpoint.

It's a cancer treatment center on VG....yes...there's cancer on VG.

That's neat, but how is that relevant to Paradise Station, again?

Oh, the cancer treatment center was in the current location of the exam room.

Sorry, I made that post when I was very tired and just about ready to head off.

How's this? We can get rd of some wasted space and add four more morgue boxes while retaining the checkpoint. http://puu.sh/i6FIq/ecd35ca27c.png

Getting rid of medbay maint isn't a good idea (regardless of whether the checkpoint goes in or not); there's really only two maintenance access points for it, as it currently stands.

Off topic (kinda) but is it possible fiddle with/rearrange the med-sci wing so that the medbay maintenance runs all the way down to link up with that southern maintenance tunnel? I'm probably the minority here but I feel tunnels should allow you to get pretty much anywhere.

IC wise, tunnels are emergency routes around breaches or dangers, emergency shelters incase of radiation storms, bombings or meteor strikes, and generally supposed to be used by engineering, drones and other crew to avoid the crowd. Having extra passage ways to give more traffic routes while separating medical and science a bit more sounds good in my book.

I don't know if it's worth that much trouble.

Though, cutting 2-3 tiles off of telescience and adjusting the equipment to be centered wouldn't hurt, the RD server room I'm not so sure about. Robotics wouldn't have to be touched since the Genetics Sci/Med airlock could be recreated and just have the tunnel west of Robotics connect to that and run down to meet up with tunnel directly below it.

I'm not a mapper so I don't know if you can copy paste it to push it all over and check all piping and wiring connections, or if you'd have to manually move everything tile by tile.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use