Medbay needs more Holopads

Plotron

In cryo, break room and other places.

I find it hard to communicate with patients and doctors as the AI in a roleplaying fashion. I need more holopads.|

Since Medbay is a bit of a cramped place, the more holopads the better, as the line of sight is quite limited for people.

Or you can turn that GLORIOUS INTERCOM on your GLORIOUS PRIVATE CHANNEL

Jokes and sarcasm aside, I hate AIs that do this. Intercoms are for public radio in the event of power failure and/or comms failure. In conjunction with station bounced radios they work well to keep the crew informed of anything they should need to know, such as a plasma fire, nuke ops team rampaging through their department or even Xenos on the loose. I've seen several people die because comms were down and because the AI tinkered with intercoms and the public radio warnings and alerts did not reach the people it would have helped.

In most cases, I'd consider it a law violation for the AI to mess with these, as most lawsets require the AI to aide and safegaurd the crew. You aren't NSAbot2.81, stop trying to spy on crew and validhunt antags.

In most cases, I'd consider it a law violation for the AI to mess with these, as most lawsets require the AI to aide and safegaurd the crew. You aren't NSAbot2.81, stop trying to spy on crew and validhunt antags.

Maybe I'm biased due to playing a borg so often, but I love NSA-AIs when they keep me informed of things that need to be done, or people that need robusting. If however, you're a fail AI that can't make good use of the information you shouldn't tamper with them, agreed.

Besides, a real valid hunt AI would track antags mercilessly and robust them at the first opportunity with hungry hungry airlocks.

Besides, a real valid hunt AI would track antags mercilessly and robust them at the first opportunity with hungry hungry airlocks.

Cue in my AI playstyle.

If TComms are down I basically spam vox announcements with crucial data. If somebody wants to contact another person, they should simply switch on their nearest intercom. A good AI never leaves people hanging in confusion.

I just noticed that you people are derailing the topic. It's NOT a discussion about intercoms or AI supercopping, it's merely a plea for additional holopads for roleplay, presence and emergency use.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good. I'm not 100% certain on the range of holo pads, I think it's only 7 tiles.

My critque would be mostly that of Aesthetics, keeping them closer to the center of the room would be ideal, and i would put the Holopad infront of cryogenics in it below the tubes. But those are pretty minor complaints for an otherwise welcome improvement.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use