AI Interface/Convenience Improvements

Surrealistik

#1: Add Slaved Cyborgs to the Robotics Control Interface: This would display the system integrity and location of Cyborgs slaved to the AI, their current module, as well as the option to lockdown or detonate them. Clicking on them in the database would give you a detailed diagnosis/breakdown of their damages, as well as any upgrades they have.

#2: Add AI Alert/Mention Logs: Whenever a crew member says AI, A.I., or the AI's name, that communication is highlighted/bolded to the AI. Further the communication is added to an 'AI Mention Log' along with a timestamp, and location (if the person initiating the communication was within sight of a camera at the time). The location or the communicator's name can be clicked from the log database to centre the AI's perspective there (location = actual location of the communicator at the time of the communication; communicator = the current location of the person that requested the AI's attention). The AI may search its logs for strings, set log entries to be deleted after X seconds/minutes, and ignore highlights and log additions from certain crew (Clowns that would inevitably abuse it for example).

Holopad requests, cyborg notifications and station alerts are also added to the AI Mention Log along with all their relevant metadata (location, timestamp and identification as applicable). Log entries can also be filtered by type and time stamp (entries that have come up in the past 30 minutes, cyborg notifications only, AI mentions only, etc for example).

Overall this makes it much easier to manage requests and alerts.

#3: Add Atmospheric Control, Power Monitoring and Record Database Interfaces to AI Menu: Allows the AI to conveniently call up the Power and Atmospheric Monitor interfaces, and Security, Employment and Medical Records from its Menu; quality of life improvement.

#4: Cent Comm Messages: The AI gains the ability to send messages to Cent Comm (or if nothing else a general distress signal). Useful in an emergency situation if a fax or Cent Comm communication cannot be sent by the Captain or other head.

#5: Text Announcements: This may be already implemented, but if it's not, the AI should have the ability to make Cent Comm/Captain style red text announcements.

#6: Add a 'Trace' function to the Robotics Control Interface: This will tell a robot to move to the location of a selected crew member. So long as the crew member is within sight of a camera, and the robot has a path to the crew member, it will continue to move towards it.

#7: Add Robot Integrity to Robotics Control Interface: This shows you the system integrity/remaining health % of your robots, and whether or not they have been disabled/corrupted (the latter may already exist; I'm not certain).

Edited by Guest

+1, playing the AI can be an asspain as it is, 20 people at once yelling your rogue cause you didn't open the door to medbay for them when their request was buried in a sea of chatter is annoying. More than once I've killed comms as AI just to sort shit out.

+1 I'm new to the fourms but being AI is stressful from my experience, while tracking a murderboning tool-box wielding Civillan, a atoms tech just blew up science, and the roboticist is flashing and cable cuffing for his ' projects' then the engineers somehow kill the power or send the singularity right to your door, and to top it all of the Captian gave the Clown and mime permission to have a gang war

Yes, absolutely agree with all of these responses; it has always been my experience on Paradise, given its high population relative to other SS13 servers, that the AI is stressful due to one's attention being torn between multiple areas/tasks simultaneously and it definitely needs more shortcuts, logs and info management tools to better deal with this.

Added:

#7: Add Robot Integrity to Robotics Control Interface: This shows you the system integrity/remaining health % of your robots, and whether or not they have been disabled/corrupted (the latter may already exist; I'm not certain).

• 2 weeks later...

Added:

Technically the Robotic Console shows you when they're corrupted, as they won't be on the console anymore.

Added:

Technically the Robotic Console shows you when they're corrupted, as they won't be on the console anymore.

Ah, fair enough. The other stuff would still be very nice to have though.

Massive support for 2, 4, and 5.

I can't tell you how many times I want to make a larger text announcement or send out a distress call to CentComm because of a Rev Round or other antag has incapped the bridge.

Looks good, especially #2 in a disaster when everyone shouting for the AI. It probably gets overwhelming to remember all the panicked people. All the points are interesting, although I think the AI can create station messages already.

Looks good, especially #2 in a disaster when everyone shouting for the AI. It probably gets overwhelming to remember all the panicked people. All the points are interesting, although I think the AI can create station messages already.

I'm pretty sure the AI can't make Central Command/Captain style red text announcements.

I'm pretty sure the AI can't make Central Command/Captain style red text announcements.

Of course it can't.

Even buttons on the console do not work for it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use