Ticket System/Admin Rank Improvements

spheretech

Coming to paradise from yog as an admin on "vacation" I just thought I should share some thoughts.

We have this so called Ticket System. Its this window where we have a list of tickets (ahelps) with various buttons coming on each ticket such as PP VV JMP etc. Most importantly ahelps will never get lost in the spam with this and we can just easily claim or set tickets as resolved which also gives the player a noficiation, not leaving them hanging. Maybe I could talk to our coders and ask them if we can give this to you since I think it will be helpful, if you like it ofcourse. (Or you could forge something similar)

Secondly, I noticed your ranking is very different from ours. I will try to summarize it:

Adminobserver (48hr trial)

Moderator (No banning, minimal bussy powers, I believe mods shouldn't really be answering grief ahelps but they usually do)

ModeratorV2 (Ban power)

Administrator (Powers like spawn and VV)

PrimaryAdmin (Possess & Buildmode)

SeniorAdmin (Midis)

And Council (~5 head admins who make the big decisions, our host and head coder being one)

So I understand Mentors don't really have much power and don't actually see asay. I just think this might be crippling for them, not being able to see asay or answer real ahelp issues. If they were deemed fit to join the team shouldn't they be given more trust and power? Unless ofcourse the person WANTS to be a mentor and just answer peoples questions. Since your population can go pretty high even up to ~100 it must be hard when there aren't many admins on. I always see mentors on though and it sucks that they can't help out at peak times.

I'm not trying to push anything on you, I just want to hear your thoughts and maybe why your ranking is the way it is. :mrgreen:

Mentors are there to help players out with IC mechanics and game related questions, not how to interpret rules, if something is "valid" or "legit", etc--that's administrative.

If it's rule related, then mentors aren't supposed to be a part of it--they're there to help players with how to play the game, mechanically, itself. This also allows us to be a bit more liberal with the hiring process since the threat of metabuddying or using admin powers to gain and advantage over players is virtually non-existent.

I'll add an aside to Fox's post- Mentors are just players there to help out with IC mechanics and game related questions on the side, so they just get the ability to see question PM's and look for new players via the account age button. We have moderators, which are basically senior mentors- they can do a bit of investigating with aghost and msay, and pass it on to a trialmin or higher, people that actually have the experience and power to handle rule-based situations.

Mentors are indeed players with the ability to answer question ahelps.

The ticket system will most likely be a godsend, especially so if it gets stored in an easy-to-access database for the administration. Maybe a UI to keep track of the tickets you've taken up?

Yes you can 'administer' or claim tickets. In chat all admins get a notification 'sphere/sphere has claimed ticket #37'. This also prevents the other admins being spammed with the ticket you're handling, however you can toggle seeing all ticket responses though (which is what I do).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use