Bay mineral scanner?

Midaychi

Currently we have tg's mineral scanner, which means we have a device that lets us slightly alter the mineral tiles visually. It's kind of silly.

Bay's mineral scanner is used for determining the concentrations of the mineral map on the asteroid, for use with the standing drill. Much more useful.

Currently we have tg's mineral scanner, which means we have a device that lets us slightly alter the mineral tiles visually. It's kind of silly.

Bay's mineral scanner is used for determining the concentrations of the mineral map on the asteroid, for use with the standing drill. Much more useful.

And irrelevant once we finally finish up TG mining. Depending on the time frame this will be implemented in, this may not be worth porting.

The only way that'd be irrelevant is if you're completely gutting bay mining and the standing drills, in which case, why? Because "it's from tg, therefore superior"?

I mean, at this rate, wouldn't it take a lot less time and effort to just rebase to tg and add paradise features onto it?

The only way that'd be irrelevant is if you're completely gutting bay mining and the standing drills, in which case, why? Because "it's from tg, therefore superior"?

Nope--because the community overwhelmingly supported it once they knew how it worked and because it encourages miners to do their job more than Bay mining----and rewards them for doing so (miners have zero incentive to do their job currently other than "it's my job"). When rewards are involved, then low/zero effort ways to acquire resources have to be altered or removed.

Check out the thread and discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=3585

I mean, at this rate, wouldn't it take a lot less time and effort to just rebase to tg and add paradise features onto it?

Nope--we have a lot of unique features that don't exist at all on TG and rebasing would be more working than porting over the features that do work here. While we have a lot of TG in our codebase, we still have huge amounts of Bay and even some Goon too--it's what makes Paradise "unique"--we combine what other codebases have together.

That said, Bay features generally don't work out super well for our players or playerbase because they're focused around heavy RP and super long/slow rounds. TG does balance and design for these features so it generally works out better for us--prime example of this is mutiny, where the game mode can be permanently won by the mutineer just by destroying his key at round start.

Either way, I'm pretty sure it's unlikely anyone will be particularly enthusiastic about mining. /tg/ and Bay mining are both... Really boring. Like, painfully so. Not to mention pretty much a total lack of RP opportunities, especially if you're a solo miner.

/tg/mining pretty much requires a robust single player or cooperative teamwork to get really good ores.

I'm sure the latter would have some RP.

Either way, I'm pretty sure it's unlikely anyone will be particularly enthusiastic about mining. /tg/ and Bay mining are both... Really boring. Like, painfully so. Not to mention pretty much a total lack of RP opportunities, especially if you're a solo miner.

Welcome to mining, where no code can make it not crap!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use