Janitalia(The Janitor Department)

ArgyleSweatShop

I have done the act of thinking and looked at how incredibly dirty the station is every round.

Another problem I noticed was the massive amount of rainbow tide we have had recently. I think I can solve both!

The solution is janitalia: A janitor department. Structured similarly to cargo, there would be 3-4 regular janitors in the department, and one head janitor, who, unlike the quartermaster of cargo, would be an actual head. Like how there used to be security offices scattered across the station, there would now be janitor closets around the station. In the area that used to be the assembly line, you could now have the main area of the janitors, complete with a head janitors office, extra lockers/janicarts, and a janitor meeting room.

With janitalia, the station will finally be clean!

Nope, 4 janitors and a "head "janitor" aren't happening. As much as the station is messy, that would just be a crazy number of janitors.

We could maybe do what TG did and up the number of janitors to 2 though.

Multiple janitorial closets is something I wouldn't mind doing, should be able to fit one in arrivals with a bit of work, not sure where else exactly though.

That pun in the nation name is of neutral status to me.

While we definitely need more janitorial equipment, there should not be a head janitor/etc. However, like how the people above have mentioned, there should definitely be more janitor slots and janitorial closets to accommodate our large playerbase. I also think base medbay access for janitors would do a lot of good for the medbay staff.

Well as a career janitor myself, this is not a bad idea, however, why not make it so there are enough janitor slots so there is 1 per 2 departments, and each department has a closet with cleaning supplies, but not necessarily a janicart. A janitorial hub would be the best place for those anyways. As far as a "head" janitor, that is unnecessary, as in this line of work, you answer to any manager, so each head of staff would have some responsibility to report messes and give some level of direction when they need something cleaned, if they so chose. Though really, the station could go well enough with 2-3 janitor slots. And the closets could be more spread out if necessary, they wouldn't need more than enough material to restock a janicart, and maybe have specific protective gear per area (extra gloves/aprons).

Because with that many janitors, plus maint drones, borgs and cleaning bots, there simply isn't enough blood in every crewmember for them to have something to clean.

Once again, two janitors would be fine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use