Permabrig Update

Telvayne

Hi, everyone's favorite idea person here. I'm going to actually try to learn mapping so I can make this one happen.

I propose that we change permabrig. I would like to either turn it into a satellite, or move it to the mining gulag. I will address each possibility below:

Permabrig satellite

- Locked down at round start, like engineering secure storage. May only be unlocked by the Captain, AI, or Magistrate. This will prevent Supercop McHarmbaton from taking it upon himself to throw you in.

- Tucked in to the ship a bit, where the existing gulag shuttle is. The gulag does not work well. It decompresses easily, prisoners can let eavhother back to the station, and mined resources are consumed by the bluespace void.

- Rather than just a blank room with meager furnishings, have various activities.

- Basic rooms for practicing assorted things. A small botany lab with three trays to learn about botany.

- A small kitchen to practice making spaghetti.

- An atmos room the prisoner may access and play with pipes, to learn about atmospherics.

- A library computer capable of downloading books, for reading.

- A room with a camera monitor and camera, linked to one in brig lobby, with radio on private frequency, used for visitors to talk to permabrig prisoners.

- At least one anti-carp turret.

Why go to all this trouble?

Currently, permabrig is just a room where people go SSD or kill themselves. Ideally, this would at least provide something to do once the detective metagammed you into a life sentence.

Won't this give them tools they might be able to use to stage a breakout!?

Yes, hopefully. Currently, most prison breaks are done by overpowering a guard, or the HoP coming in and letting you go (because security was upset that he gave himself full access and this is revenge!)

I don't know, this sounds expensive...

It would be! Don't worry, the money will be taken out of everyone's salaries.

But I like the mining gulag!

No you don't. Stop lying. Everyone here knows you are lying, you aren't fooling anyone. Shame on you.

I don't understand how this benefits anyone!

The brig would be also blessed with the addition of a small cargo office. Not a full fledged one, but a

Small conveyor with a few crates, boxes, and a destination tagger. That way, stolen supplies can be shipped back to the appropriate departments, instead of left in the locker room.

You promised to talk about redoing the mining gulag!

Well, that's of the table now. This idea is better. Deal with it.

Shitcurity!

Harmbaton.

Edited by Guest

I have always wanted to overhaul the perma brig/asteroid prison, it would mostly do exactly this.

Make the areas work better and plenty of activities to mess around with. Only thing is that I will never, EVER, EVEEER give prisoners atmos equipment! Unless it was just a stack of assorted normal pipes, it would be easy to build some horrible contraptions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use