Faster Cloning

Earthdivine

Everyone knows the Song and Dance of Cloning, stick body in cloner, wait about a minute to be cloned, get stuck into a cryotube to heal up the clone damage and then eat some alkysine, which is then proceeded with being thrown out of medbay.

Most of the time this is going very smoothly except for one part. Alkysine. Unless the chemists actually CARE about the crew, your better off dealing with your brain damage then waiting for some. I will admit there are some who make alky+clonex mix's for the cryotubes, but most of the time it's what clogs up the cloning more then the actual bodies.

So this is a question mostly for Medbay Players, would you all mind the removal of brain damage given to cloned people? There are still ways to receive brain damage so the chem wouldn't be lost, but with our population medbay gets clogged as it is, and having patients waiting for chemists to make something they often forget only clogs it more.

I think the best of all is to make an option to the clone monitor "secure" "fast" the secure mode cost more biomass and the fast less but give the brain damage

A big problem with medbay is that if everything isn't working perfectly....you will end up stuck in there forever.

This, very much this. Medbay is my most played position with Engineering following it closely, and the more medbay has to do the more things will get thrown under the bus.

I think the best of all is to make an option to the clone monitor "secure" "fast" the secure mode cost more biomass and the fast less but give the brain damage

As I stated, more often then not it's not the body count that is the problem with cloning, a good geneticist knows when it's safe to card swipe the cloner and put the guy in cyrotube, but having to wait for ANY short of Alkysine, even like 3 pills, causes a cluster in the genetics bay that spills out into medbay now that there's no door seperating the two.

I don't think removing brain damage would help. A whole lot of medbay's problems stem from people just not caring enough to do the things they should be doing in the first place. Removing the negative consequences of neglecting to do ones job doesn't really discourage people from slacking off. Even if chemistry isn't doing its job then why is the CMO not stepping in, having them demoted and allowing additional access to someone who will actually do the job? If chemistry is slacking and the cmo is slacking then chances are you wont have enough biomass to clone people anyway and cryo wont be up and running for long either.

I also feel that removing brain damage as a side-effect from cloning would potentially cause players to take more risks because there are less consequences. If the cloning process is faster and has fewer negative effects then people might very well end up dying more because it doesn't inconvenience them as much as it would if they did have to live with brain damage but it would certainly cause more problems for medbay constantly having to clone the same people.

I don't think removing brain damage would help. A whole lot of medbay's problems stem from people just not caring enough to do the things they should be doing in the first place. Removing the negative consequences of neglecting to do ones job doesn't really discourage people from slacking off. Even if chemistry isn't doing its job then why is the CMO not stepping in, having them demoted and allowing additional access to someone who will actually do the job? If chemistry is slacking and the cmo is slacking then chances are you wont have enough biomass to clone people anyway and cryo wont be up and running for long either.

I also feel that removing brain damage as a side-effect from cloning would potentially cause players to take more risks because there are less consequences. If the cloning process is faster and has fewer negative effects then people might very well end up dying more because it doesn't inconvenience them as much as it would if they did have to live with brain damage but it would certainly cause more problems for medbay constantly having to clone the same people.

Couldn't word this better, myself =3

For that matter, why isn't the RD doing his job and maxing research 20 minutes into the shift so he can upgrade medbay by thirty minutes in so that cloning doesn't cause brain damage and only causes around ten cloning damage and virtually no genetic mutations?

Why isn't Xenobotany producing Rezadone to skip cloning cryo altogether?

Don't upgraded sleepers produce alkysine too?

Science can make medbay run much, much smoother with minimal effort.

Frankly, and I hate to say this, but most of the time, you simply cannot rely on anyone besides yourself to be competent - and there is almost always someone more competent than you who is busy elsewhere.

Rather than make cloning faster (and thus a bigger antag target), people should learn to avoid careless death methods and be suspicious of unknowns in masks stalking maintenance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use