Make outer space more challenging

Citinited

Currently, outer space has a lot of easy-to-obtain loot and is therefore very, very powerful. For example you can get:

• Lots of space suits

• Lots of power cells

A laser gun

A stunbaton (from Buzzsky, but he spells death should you get accosted by him)

A spacepod

And a lot more stuff. At the moment outer space doesn't really pose any challenges apart from requiring some way to survive in space and doesn't feel very interesting once you know where everything is. Adding in some syndicate NPCs on the DJ station, derelict, etc., or maybe some combat drones on non-station z-levels would help liven it up. I appreciate that this would make it death for anyone who's accidentally spaced, though.

Unfortunately adding in more space content as long as telesci exists is rather pointless, as it just becomes "find good stuff, mark it down; powergame the hell out of it round after round".

Unfortunately adding in more space content as long as telesci exists is rather pointless, as it just becomes "find good stuff, mark it down; powergame the hell out of it round after round".

more like look at the map in DM

Death mobs wouldn't be a thing telsci would want teleporting in unless they're antag. it kind of sucks that telsci stops new content being added, though.

Death mobs wouldn't be a thing telsci would want teleporting in unless they're antag. it kind of sucks that telsci stops new content being added, though.

Well, it's more of the case of:

-anything interesting/valuable in space will inevitably be marked and telescienced in on most rounds (ie: swat helmet, baton, etc) by powergamers

-teleblocking individual items is going to get annoying and won't be viable in a lot of cases

Thus, we're really only left with two options:

-remove telesci

-nerf it into the absolute ground

Side note: Space will be cold again, some time....eventually.

That won't solve much, they will just ping those spots eventually, the randomized would hurt space explorers more then Telescience.

Which is why I'm so glad about the Gateway maps, as far as I know you can't telescience them since they aren't on a z level, rather then a different map, allowing us to do the cool stuff without worring about it being zapped away 5 minutes into the round.

I mean, the Emitter Maze and the Abandoned Outpost atleast have a chance to kill you collecting the stuff if you messed up, telescience doesn't have that worry.

How about we make telescience stuff randomized? I dont know one thing about how telescience works, mind you.

It already is, but ultimately it still follows a formula.

As much as I love telesci, it really does kinda suck the fun out of far-off locations, once those locations are found.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use