Idea for Rev

Hairy Ban Jhankri

I had a splinter thought earlier that has dwindled even further, and I only now just remembered to post it. So, rev is still lol flash, right? What if it was more of, flash, which gives a message along the lines of: "Your eyes are blinded for a moment, but as they physically clear, they clear metaphorically as well. You now see that the heads of staff may not care about you, and there is a movement on board the station. The choice is yours, do you fight for yourself and fellow crewmembers, or for the greedy heads?" And then a prompt box thing shows up with yes or no, sort of like mutiny.

Edit: oh wait shit, is this how RP rev is? I haven't played or seen RP rev in 9ever. That is way longer than 4ever or 5ever. IF it is, then why is rev still a thing?

RP Rev is pretty much like this only no flash....it ends up just being "join or die" only the Heads of Staff have no idea it's even coming because there's no evidence for it until you have a swarm of people outside your doorstep.

fun fact: RP Revs used to get uplinks on their PDAs when converted.

So why not remove the uplinks and all, and call it a day? Join or die, seems to me like that gives enough fuel to NOT join the revs. Much like a shtty captain going to each head in mutiny spamming them with join me, and shooting at those who do not join (this actually happened) nobody in their right mind would (or should) join a shitty captain like that.

So why not remove the uplinks and all, and call it a day? Join or die, seems to me like that gives enough fuel to NOT join the revs. Much like a shtty captain going to each head in mutiny spamming them with join me, and shooting at those who do not join (this actually happened) nobody in their right mind would (or should) join a shitty captain like that.

Well, besides the whole invisible revolution problem, there's also the co-operation issues; it's kinda shitty when people don't want to co-operate---Cult isn't a voluntary join thing, why should rev? You essentially have two options and both have massive potential to backfire (1)Attempt to get someone to voluntarily join (and nothing says they have to, in which case they can just say no and go straight to security/command afterwards and stop the revolution before it even starts (2)You stun them and start cuffing them, only to get a "SO AND SO STUNNED ME WITH X AND IS TRYING TO REMOVE MY HEADSET" or "HELP IN".

Yes, I realize it's harder to convert in cult than in rev, but cultists also get a lot more other tools--stuns, EMPs, teleports, invisible long-distance communication methods, weapons, etc---Rev's only special "gear" is a flash and the ability to quick-convert.

What if we found a way to mash Mutiny and rev together.

[spoiler2]I'll just step out now.[/spoiler2]

Hrmm, maybe, just maybe that could work. Or maybe the problems with rev and mootiny just run too deep and could never be fixed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use