Whitelist for Heads.

FlameNeko

Hello everybody!

I came across an idea of turning whitelist for Heads on.

- "why is that?", some of you will ask, so here is my reasoning.

Head profession is really important. A person who become a Head must know about his or her profession everything. Also, those people must play on good role-play level. What do I see? A lot of people who is choosing Head as profession usually: Too apatic ( slow response, ignoring messages or requests, going MIA or to Cryosleep, etc ), not knowing how to do their job ( I encountered few people that actually were just sitting here and rely on their crew when other people actually need their help )... I think that whitelist on Heads will add some kind of encouragement for players to be better.

I hope here will be some people to support me.

With greatest respect,

your fellow player ( who some people will see in first time since 6 month ),

FlameNeko.

I don't think it will work that well, playing heads is a burden for some veterans and the only drones that would bother playing them would be no one but the noobies.

I do however support the idea.

I don't think it will work that well, playing heads is a burden for some veterans and the only drones that would bother playing them would be no one but the noobies.

I do however support the idea.

Here we go, Veterans will apply for Whitelist and will do it easily. Noobies, however, will struggle for good application.

not to mention, almost every gamemode is operating on the assumption that a head exists. Xeno, Blob, Rev, Mutiny, Wizard... then after we implement this 'whitelist' power creep will set in because 'why not give the HoS [X] he's supposed to be responsible due to whitelist' or psuedo-heads will emerge like the Warden who will become defacto HoS anyway because 'there's never a HoS on' and job changes will seldom occur because there's no HoP.

Although this is pretty much shot down anyway, I guess I'll fire off another point.

Even if it weren't whitelisted people would still end up getting the roles just by asking the captain five minutes into the round, so then nobody would bother to apply, and then it'd end up where it started but with more hassle for the Cap.

Although this is pretty much shot down anyway, I guess I'll fire off another point.

Even if it weren't whitelisted people would still end up getting the roles just by asking the captain five minutes into the round, so then nobody would bother to apply, and then it'd end up where it started but with more hassle for the Cap.

This is definitely true. I have personally hunted down the captain or HoP to be promoted to acting CMO multiple times because we didn't have one or they utterly ceased to exist early in.

As things stand, a player in a Head role already has higher expectations placed on them by the crew, as well as by the admin team. If you go SSD as a head without notifying an admin beforehand, you will likely find a job ban on all command roles in place when you return. Exceptionally incompetent / irresponsible heads also can receive job bans from their role, command, or even their entire department for failing to do their job adequately.

So while the only requirement to enlist in a head role is meeting the time lock, the admins are able to blacklist you from the roles if you can't play them properly. Adding an additional whitelist would simply over complicate the matter, and lead to additional whining when people get command job bans.

how about whitelists for better alt titles?

if you are good enough at a job and get admins to put you at the whitelist of said job you get a option for a better alt title that shows you are good at it!

should at least reduce the amount of people that calls you a comdom for no raisin.

In a lot of ways I'd really really love to whitelist heads.

The same reasons I want to are also some of the problems. It allows a lot of admin bias to come into play. Apart from the work we'd have to do reading over the applications, which would take time away from a lot of other things, I'm most hesitant to invoke favourtism.

There are plenty of people who would make a great head that don't play them (I'm looking at you, David Buck).

I'd point out the reason HoS is whitelisted on Goon is because of the ridiculous amount of power he has access to:

-ID Console access and therefore effectively all access

-Energy gun (taser+laser in one...and lasers there do 60 damage a shot with fire speeds as quick as ours)

-access to 6 riot shotguns+6 ammo (each which have 6 ammo)

-Access to the second best armor suit in the game (bested only by industrial space armor)

-a damn freaking spiffy beret

-thermals

He's also responsible for keeping his officers in line for not being shitcurity...so it's a lot of power and responsibility; more so than any other job on the station has access to (unlike on Bay/TG, HoS vastly outclasses the Captain in every way, shape, and form); comparing their whitelisting of HoS to any of our command positions isn't really applicable here.

Most of what I wanted to say has been said. Here are a few more thoughts on why it'd be a bad idea:

• We have systems in place to deal with bad heads: we have Internal Affairs, the NT Rep, and head jobbans for dealing with incompetency in command. A whitelist is not really needed.

• Less variety in head staff / 'cliquey': with a whitelist in place we would begin to see the same command team in more shifts. This means that we would have less variety in command, which encourages exclusivity. We have a lot of players with many different playstyles, why not embrace variety rather than stifle it?

People who don't play command roles often: imagine you have a player who is competent at their department but seldom plays a head. If they had to apply to be on the whitelist, would they take the time to apply, or would they just not bother?

In a lot of ways I'd really really love to whitelist heads.

The same reasons I want to are also some of the problems. It allows a lot of admin bias to come into play. Apart from the work we'd have to do reading over the applications, which would take time away from a lot of other things, I'm most hesitant to invoke favourtism.

There are plenty of people who would make a great head that don't play them (I'm looking at you, David Buck).

You might find some people who will be responsible for apps, and who won't have any favoritism to any of the players.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use