Poly the Parrot: additional features.

flimflamm

Parrots can be really cool birds. Much more cool than cats and corgis. In order to better reflect this obvious reality please consider the following additions to poly:

- Parrots parrot. If you take over poly and hear a ping, or a skrek, or a buzz, or combat boot sounds, tazer, lazer, and many other noises, poly should be able to replicate them, just like some parrots do. This would make poly cute and exciting, certainly not annoying...

- Parrots have long been known to perch atop shoulders. Diona nymphs can do it, why not poly? It's blasphemy really. Poly would be so loveable. And just think of the pirate role play!!!!!!!

-Insert your own suggestion here!

Well, Yay or Neigh?

The ability to speak, pick up and drop items at will and move over tables would be nice. It would also be nice if you didn't automatically snatch things and roost in consoles but I'm aware that's a result of simple-mob coding. I suspect that making Poly more useful would require converting her into a more complex mob.

That said, ear-perching can't be too hard.

Also, Parrot should be a viable pAI sprite.

I'm 100% for poly being able to perch on shoulders or ear slots, similar to how diona do. It's a parrot essential.

But being that poly already has some really potent features like being able to fly over tables, pick and drop items, and use some of them. There is even a steal from mob command that lets you straight up rob people.

So for these reasons when it comes to poly actually talking i am not sure it would be fair to the other pets. If poly could record one line that he/she hears and then parrot it back that would be fun and harmless, or if poly could make sound effects it hears, as if it learned them, that would also be neat but not broken.

I really do wish for perching though, poly is already my favorite pet which seems to be against the general consensus.

Also on the subject of sprites, the poly perch position for consoles might work for left and right facing shoulder perch sprites.

• 3 months later...

Pretty sure poly can scream a few things over the engineering radio and repeat stuff, but with our crappy saycode it doesn't work.

It finally became a reality.

Yeah, nice necro, poster above.

+1

All pets could use a bit of TLC when it comes to coding. Runtime doesn't get goofy costumes or wearable items. E-N is a reskinned Ian that sparks, any hat you put on him changes his name back to Ian. Poly is just a thief who steals small items. Renault doesn't get anything that I'm aware of. I kinda wish we'd give pets vent crawling.

+1

All pets could use a bit of TLC when it comes to coding. Runtime doesn't get goofy costumes or wearable items. E-N is a reskinned Ian that sparks, any hat you put on him changes his name back to Ian. Poly is just a thief who steals small items. Renault doesn't get anything that I'm aware of. I kinda wish we'd give pets vent crawling.

In reality they would die from but the KPA

Oddly enough, pressure/content of pipes doesn't affect vent crawling mods. Spiders, who most certainly require the same oxygen and pressure as humans, vent crawl just fine. Diona nymphs aren't harmed (to my knowledge) despite there being no light. Hell I've even crawled through a scrubber pipe after a plasma fire as a xeno hunter to get away from the heat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use