Loyalty Implants

Earthdivine

If I was captain and had to decide punishment, I'd go execution every time.

Don't take any chances.

We prefer to keep people in the game, thank you very much.

There was a time when I implanted a syndie. The syndie died in a [viral outbreak?], was cloned succesfully and then tried to finish his objectives. Needless to say, an ERT had to do the execution at this point.

What does that have to do with keeping people in game.

If they escape the implant somehow, then they should probably be perma'd or formally executed.

Which wiki was this found in? That screenshot? I looked for it on the baystation and ours, didn't see it.

EDIT: What I am getting at is; it should be. It should also be made rather clear, and space law should make it the go to, instead of putting execution as all of them on any code 300

I get that we're trying to keep people in the game and all, but loyalty implants seem like a reality breaking method of doing so.

If I'm an experience Captain or HoS, I know that shit can happen.

Someone can clone my implanted ex-con, or the changeling I implanted could end up getting a hand from one of his fellow monstrosities and have the implant removed. A syndicate operative could be rescued and have the implant purged.

The intelligent choice when faced with what to do with a traitor in need of punishment is to execute them. Remove the possibility of them returning as a problem. Injection, burn the body, scatter the ashes. Problem solved, problem staying solved.

Now, if Loyalty Implants were 100% reliable, lethally detonated upon attempted removal, and prevented cloning I could definitely get behind them as a character in a head of staff position.

That's part of the game, Sheakhan. It's pretty fair that there should be a possibility to escape the implant SOMEHOW.

And it CERTAINLY doesn't mean you should execute prisoners instead of loyalty implanting them.

really quick, your argument of the implant could be forcefully removed by a fellow syndicate is kind of meh. Rounds are rarely long enough to do that, and most sec teams that are actually good will move quick enough to utilise the data from the first implanted threat to asses and apprehend any remaining threats. Secondly, an implanted individual knowing full well their own teammates or whatever would fight tooth and nail against them, for the corp, and also would probs suicide before letting them fall back into the hands of a lesser corp. Probs the only time a suicide would be encouraged by the implant. If a player dies from legit reasons like virus or something, sec should be on that, (probs the hos should be checking in on implanted antags regularly anyway) then good for them, what a rarity. Catch them again, quick, if you even notice.

That's part of the game, Sheakhan. It's pretty fair that there should be a possibility to escape the implant SOMEHOW.

And it CERTAINLY doesn't mean you should execute prisoners instead of loyalty implanting them.

Maybe, but the implant is your chance to escape being executed. It's your second chance. If you fuck up again, maybe it's just not your shift.

Like I said, I get keeping people in the game, but at some point it becomes silly, IC, to extend that courtesy.

Sure, the implanted person can't actively do anything to remove it, or passively allow another to do so. But all it takes is a stun baton and handcuffs to subdue someone long enough to put them out and surgically remove it.

OmpH5Iq.png

that's "Space_law" not "Space Law" they should be equal, I will get an admin to correct this.

"Space_law" only exists to be a smaller text version of "Space_Law" for use in the window that opens when you use the Space Law book ingame.

Now, if Loyalty Implants were 100% reliable, lethally detonated upon attempted removal, and prevented cloning I could definitely get behind them as a character in a head of staff position.

Use chemical implants as explosive killswitches for permabrigged and implanted traitors.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use