Blueshield > Command

•  

*Captain - Head of Heads

*Head of Personnel - De Facto Second in Command

*Head of Security

*Research Director

*Chief Engineer

*Chief Medical Officer

I propose a change, that the Blueshield should be removed from the 'Security' Department (he reports to all heads, not the HoS) and add him to the 'Command' Department. Though he will not command anybody, this will make it clear to the Blueshield who his allegiances are to, any reports or commands that are addressed to Command will also apply to the Blueshield.

I feel that listing Blueshield under 'Security' may give some the wrong impression. Of course, this won't stop total shitbirds who have Blueshield from acting as Sec, but it'll act as a subtle discouragement for the more aware or new Blueshields.

A thought I am toying with is to give the Blueshield authority over heads under a code red situation. If this is an idea that appeals to anybody, i'll refine it with enough caveats to not be completely obnoxious to the Heads in question.

In the early days of blueshield, there was often problems with them thinking they outranked a lot of people. Being listed as command would make it seem they're allowed to command people, which...they're not.

Authority over heads I do and don't like, it'd have to be clear. If he had authority over say, the CMO, a blueshield wouldn't be allowed to tell them how to do surgery, etc. The authority they should have is "GET OUT OF THIS AREA IT"S DANGEROUS" and limited to that.

They're not security either (although I often authorise them to act like they are if sec is low).

...What about support?

Support could work. The Blueshield isn't a strictly combat-orientated profession. Honestly, some days i've been tempted to don the beret and head out into the fray in a labcoat.

I've also toyed with the idea of expanding the Blueshield's purview to 'Advisor' as well. Because let's be honest, the uppity lieutenant buttlord is going to give his opinions anyway, might as well make it part of his job description. "OH CAPTAIN THAT'S A BAD IDEA CAPTAIN YOU'LL IRRADIATE THE STATION CAPTAIN" pffft what do you know you jackbooted goon.

NT Rep, IAA, Magistrate and Blue Shield I could almost see being their own department, actually. If you had all their offices together it'd especially work.

But...well, making a new department for them is a lot of work for no real pay off. And it'd be a department with no real head of staff.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use