Suggestions on the new "Shadow" race

maurleur

Recently, Zomg changed up the morphing effects of the green slime to avoid confusion with the unlockable race. And now we a race akin to a hostile mob called the shadow. And I'm here to give my thoughts on it.

One of the biggest problems I noticed. He cannot see in the dark, which is unacceptable. You can't live in the shadows without seeing anything. And no, you can't enable a flashlight. Since any source of light hurts you, even your PDA. So he definitely needs some sort of night vision, maybe even with a perk of having infrared vision. Allowing him to spot any biological being. To counter balance this, he could have terrible sight in lit areas. A fully lit area completely blinding him. Perhaps sunglasses could slightly ease his sensory overload.

Next, the light/dark thing. Right from the beginning I noticed a huge problem with it. Mechanical limbs get damaged from being in the light, which shouldn't happen. Since they aren't part of the shadow. It would be annoying to have your limbs constantly damaged from walking briefly in light. Speaking of which. The shadow needs a way to move around the station without smashing every light like a jackass. Perhaps EVA gear, and hooded gear could slightly ease the pain of moving around light spaces. Mind you, it wouldn't negate it. But it would give him the ability to at least do something.

Regarding his perks and powers. That's an interesting topic. I'm not too sure how you'd make him stand out. But here are some of my ideas. The rapid shadow healing is amazing, and should probably stay as it is, no changes. Another feature could be anatomical. Due to his shadowy and transparent form, he should be immune to pressure changes, and perhaps an increased cold resistance, due to his metabolism. That would make him an extremely viable race in late game, when the station tends to de-pressurize. Other than that, I can't really think of any more ways to make him special. Maybe he doesn't need to. I'm interested to hear your responses and views

When I heard that this was implemented, I was really happy since I love the wish granter because of that, but for this to be useful, we really need some kind of light protection for them. They definetly need night vision of some kind too.

Crazy idea:

Shadow people can become actual shadows and transverse more quickly and travel through vents and grilles (so long as they are in darkness) while in this shadow form.

The catch would be that while in shadow form, they cannot interact with anything physical, and when they become shadow, they drop everything they are carrying. (Yay balance!)

Additional crazy idea:

Some sort of effect or ability that allows the shadow dude to create darkness centered on a tile in his range of view for a period of time. Put that bad boy on a cool-down, and BAM! You can escape in a pinch, traverse lit passages if you need to, or conceal what you're about to do from the pesky cameras. Plus you don't need to smash any lights.

I like that create darkness idea. But the ventcrawl/phase shift ability shouldn't be implemented to be honest. That's too similar to the slime people. They can also ventcrawl if they they aren't holding anything

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use