Improve hallucinations

Wintermote

Hallucinations right now are actually kind of lame compared to what I remember them being like - it seems like 80% of the effect is just spawning a person attacking you.

How about some other effects: flashing colors, seeing bomb explosions, objects turning into other things, the player's mob becoming someone or something else, space dragons, seeing ghosts, text messages regarding how you feel - euphoric, scared, paranoid - someone is out to get you, etc.

There's some creative and interesting things that could be done with hallucinations, but right now they're mostly just a fake mob spawning and hitting you into fake crit - this specific sort of incapacitating hallucination honestly feels like it could just be put into a drug instead.

This!

Also fix IPC hallucinations, since once an IPC begins to "hallucinate" (when it really shouldn't) it affects them the whole round, and doors will shock them and put them in paincrit (Which has actually gotten me killed playing security while running away/chasing after someone). It repeats enough that it can actually knock you over for about 10 seconds.

Hallucinations right now are actually kind of lame compared to what I remember them being like - it seems like 80% of the effect is just spawning a person attacking you.

How about some other effects: flashing colors, seeing bomb explosions, objects turning into other things, the player's mob becoming someone or something else, space dragons, seeing ghosts, text messages regarding how you feel - euphoric, scared, paranoid - someone is out to get you, etc.

There's some creative and interesting things that could be done with hallucinations, but right now they're mostly just a fake mob spawning and hitting you into fake crit - this specific sort of incapacitating hallucination honestly feels like it could just be put into a drug instead.

Hallucinations are definitely not as varied as they should be. Flashing colors probably would be an easy thing to add, since we could essentially just scavenge the code from space drugs. Many people largely ignore the effects of the hallucination as long as it doesn't knock them out, so variety would re-add that sense of "oh god what is going on i don't even" that hallucinations would realistically trigger.

A funny side thought would be to have very low hunger trigger special "food" hallucinations where random objects suddenly appear as delicious looking food for a brief moment. "Mmm... that steak sure looks good... Wait, why am I chewing on this multitool?"

A funny side thought would be to have very low hunger trigger special "food" hallucinations where random objects suddenly appear as delicious looking food for a brief moment. "Mmm... that steak sure looks good... Wait, why am I chewing on this multitool?"

Kazaak Rezzaka starts gnawing and drooling on the wrench!

Oh, how fun that would be...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use