BoneWhite

Shadeykins

I'll leave this down to perspective, but this seems relatively over the top.

HoP grabbed the fireaxe and went into EVA. I politely told him in LOOC that (based upon a previous admin complain against Regens by Wintermote) that it's a big no-no. I don't really see the issue with saying that in LOOC (OOC information over an OOC channel, you're basically just saying a rule and I really don't see how that's IC in OOC whatsoever), but BoneWhite thought otherwise.

Alice Stein says, "Hop man."

Draeskideyn Quarl'rik says, "Follow orders"

Alice Stein says, "Hop."

Alice Stein says, "Hoppity."

Alice Stein says, "Fire-axe is contra unless it's an emergency."

Skree states, "I servethe public trust"

Draeskideyn Quarl'rik talks into the head of personnel's headset

LOOC: Alice Stein: You can get banned for that, mate.

LOOC: Alice Stein: Put the axe back.

Chiber Kazs handed Syndi-Cakes to Alice Stein.

Skree states, "An oddly named HoP with an axe is not that"

LOOC: Draeskideyn Quarl'rik: I WOULD

Amanda Catelay talks into the captain's headset

LOOC: Draeskideyn Quarl'rik: BUT KINDA STUCK

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: they're more likely to be warned first, and it depends on their reasoning, regardless, don't ic in ooc please

PM to-Bone White: IC on OOC? I used LOOC.

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: looc is local ooc

PM to-Bone White: Yes. And I told him, in LOOC. That he can get banned for it.

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: and i'm telling you you can get banned for ic in ooc

PM to-Bone White: Because I have it on good authority that Wintermote almost did, as an Atmostech.

PM to-Bone White: How is that IC in OOC?

PM to-Bone White: Telling someone that "x can get you banned" (which is an OOC matter), is not IC in OOC.

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: because you're discussing ic behaviour in an ooc channel

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: if you want to comment about something like that, adminhelp it

PM to-Bone White: So you're saying everytime I want to inform someone about a basic server rule, I should adminhelp it?

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: yes, as you're neither a mentor nor an admin

PM to-Bone White: I'm aware. I was telling someone who was UNAWARE, as a COMMON COURTESY.

PM to-Bone White: If someone is legitimately unaware of a basic "shadow rule" by the administration, I don't understand why it's forbidden for me to politely tell them.

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: and I'm letting you know it's ic in ooc as a common courtesy, sans caps

PM to-Bone White: Righto. Will be filing a report over this, it seems really silly.

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: feel free

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: and it's not a shadow rule, taking the fire axe is laregly down to intent and circumstance, they could be an antagonist

PM to-Bone White: By shadowrule I mean anything that's not directly stated that can get people in trouble.

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: right, i understand what you meant now

PM to-Bone White: "Taking the fireaxe" is not really a rule listed in the main rules, so most people assume it's kosher.

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: for something like that, we'll warn long before we give out any punishment

PM to-Bone White: I guess? Wintermote just about got banned for it, 0 warning.

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: That's hearsay

PM to-Bone White: It's not. He has an admin report on it, on the forums.

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: That's hearsay.

PM to-Bone White: I ehr.. No, there's logs. It's an admin report, on the forums. I'm not going to argue, but hearsay is not documented evidence.

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: before we get into a debate about legalisms which don't apply to a public ss13 server, if you're concerned about someone stretching the rules, let us know so we can educate them

PM to-Bone White: Can do, but it just seems over the top. When there's 80 people on and greytide, when that's the case I'd just be spamming ahelp every other minute. :x

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: we'll prioritise, but i appreciate your exemplary reporting, and expect great things of you

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: eventually, the people we've spoken to due to the increased levels of information by players such as yourself will reduce the rule breaking and bad players on the server, it's a good cause you're championing here

PM to-Bone White: Right, it still seems over the top to me and not really IC in OOC. I'd assume things regarding rules are OOC, and LOOC being an OOC channel, OOC is remaining in OOC.

PM to-Bone White: I just personally, really don't understand where IC in OOC comes into play.

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: Then I'll repeat myself for your clarity

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: because you're discussing ic behaviour in an ooc channel

PM to-Bone White: Not really discussing. Let's say if someone self-antags.

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: let's not

PM to-Bone White: And you just tell them "Self-antagging is against the rules."

PM to-Bone White: I just don't get where that's IC in OOC.

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: i'll give you the concise version without the explanation

PM to-Bone White: If it was over "Say", I'd agree, but over OOC or LOOC it just really mindboggles me.

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: if you see rule stretching, adminhelp it. if you see rule breaking, adminhelp it

PM from-Trial AdminBone White: don't take it to ooc channels

PM to-Bone White: 'Kay.

Screenshots, for further reference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9v6vtq1y91e8 ... 0.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tk8zs61cxrio0 ... 7.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5n1bj3qmvri5o ... 3.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxh585cllkxy6 ... 9.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkhwq9hsnfxqs ... 1.png?dl=0

I'm fine with ahelping it every single time a player breaks a rule because they genuinely don't know it is one (which is a lot) but it seems excessive, a little redundant, and a general waste of admin time when a polite looc would suffice instead. Was confused by BoneWhite more than anything (and still am) and personally felt like he came off more than a little aggressive (And unwilling to really reconcile whatsoever).

We're not really talking about griefers here so much as honest-to-god decent players who just aren't aware of one of the unstated "you can get banned for that" shadow rules.

I honest to god don't see how in any fashion this is IC in OOC, and if it is I don't see why LOOC even exists because things in the vein of "Oh man that was awesome" (after getting robusted) would be rule breaking as well.

I really don't see the problem here to be honest. Bone White did not escalate the situation, insult you, or (to me) appear to be engaging in any particularly hostile behavior. He merely requested that you not engage in IC in OOC. While this is definitely a strict interpretation of IC in OOC, he is well within his rights to enforce that rule in such a manner--especially at a time where outside greytide forces are just about crushing the server.

I thank you for your concern, but you adminhelping in the scenario legitimately would have been the better choice of actions, especially given the server situation at the time of this happening.

I did put this more up here for clarification than anything because (Yes, like you said) I felt it was an overly strict interpretation of a rule.

I did put this more up here for clarification than anything because (Yes, like you said) I felt it was an overly strict interpretation of a rule.

It's not overly strict--just strict; he's well within his rights to enforce it as such.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use