security and complaints/reports

johannhawk

you want this?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

to make this thread fun i colored a specific word

i would like to see a separate PDA messaging system. just for security collect reports or complaints from civilians.

since the radio gets spammed easily during crisis, security is likely going to miss some calls for help.

so having people PDA ''X did Y'' to a central security hub connected to all security PDAs and newscasters would be great, but there is still a few problems.

PDA spam is a concern but we can filter it in crime category or put a cooldown timer or just arrest the guy for misuse of comms.

the fact you cant PDA security while being murderized just use the comms, if things go well only calls for urgent help go on radio and less urgent things go into the pipeline.

make sure people KNOW that security ignores lesser crimes reported over radio.

if you guys are lazy just implement it into newscasters

this really needs some refining but it will work.

Edited by Guest

I usually, when people reports a crime over the radio as an AI, notify security on the security radio, along with updating their status.

Then again, I just make beepsky arrest them, then send security to apprehend them. Whichever happens first.

I'd go for it. Especially Security Casters. Puts out posts or missing persons. I would love to see a dispatch job or a second channel devoted to guiding sec forces to scenes. 911 operator or something like that.

That is essentially what the AI does.

The problem is that security players rarely listen.

It's more important to finish doing whatever random thing it is you're doing at the moment, than to quickly respond to a problem announced over comms. I've seen officers decide to take 10+ minutes to show up to someone who was calling for help over the radio and being murdered. Instead of arriving to help someone, they arrive to a murder scene.

A dispatch announcement using low, med, high priority that announces to every sec officer where to go, possibly with a description of what's happening, would be great.

But it still won't really solve the issue of players ignoring it and just doing their own random thing.

it takes 1 minutes for a good antag to kill a guy. and whenever im done doing that random thing its a bit hard scrolling back to find or memorize pleas of help for that already dead guy.

also the spam on greytide rounds make it harder.

all complaints are sent trough PDA into he system then sent to all PDAs of the security force with three levels of priorities. also a big screen inside security and bridge showing all the complaints so the warden or HoS can help filter false alarms.

That is essentially what the AI does.

The problem is that security players rarely listen.

It's more important to finish doing whatever random thing it is you're doing at the moment, than to quickly respond to a problem announced over comms. I've seen officers decide to take 10+ minutes to show up to someone who was calling for help over the radio and being murdered. Instead of arriving to help someone, they arrive to a murder scene.

A dispatch announcement using low, med, high priority that announces to every sec officer where to go, possibly with a description of what's happening, would be great.

But it still won't really solve the issue of players ignoring it and just doing their own random thing.

Yeah...that is a rampant problem I am not going to deny you on. Response times can be abysmal due to well... lack of organization. Especially when a internal authority figure (warden,hos) is a massive condom; times can be AWFULLY SLOW. I usually like playing space pod pilot,but when no recourse of moving to x to handle y is called out and I have to turn back, land, remove hard suit, and then get there; that is a major problem. Especially when a single station officer could move to handle most situations.

Also the AI thing: I do like that and would not mind instead of just a dispatch job have ai handle it all with some nifty alert levels for pda messages. I just think people will have to learn to wait a bit longer before screaming "AI IS ROUGE CONDOM 4 NOT OPENING DOOR" while people are being beaten to death in medbay.

I play sec a lot.

I ignore a lot of reports over comms.

Why? Because I'm currently dragging some greytide loser who decided to try and robust with a toolbox to the brig, and I can't just ditch him in the middle of the hallway while he's in handcuffs.

90% of the time this is the reason I won't respond to a plea for help over the comms and when I do respond, 50% of the time it's someone making a false call over radio anyways.

Security would be able to respond faster if there was drastically less self-antagging, but I am all in favour of some sort of dispatcher (The AI generally gets shunted into this job). Would be neat, but it'd definitely require a less click-intensive camera system than what currently exists.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use