Ranged Stun Rework

Fox McCloud

Dis stun rework is clear open source theft.

Really though, at least credit me foxy.

paprika I hate these taser changes why u do this

Ten times better than instastun.

And Pap didn't even make it for Paradise, Fox ported it.

I don't care if you port things from /tg/ but /tg/ has gone through some big licensing changes, it boils down to 'credit /tg/ when you direct port code from /tg/'

Other than that I don't care, I just don't want you guys in hot water over that kind of thing. Code legality and ownership and all that is a lot different now from just 'if it's open, it's open'. I mean, I stole your cool taser electrode hitsound anyway.

Just keep in mind when porting stuff I make at least that they tend to be unfinished because I like to live test things on the server and make multiple patches based on how 50+ players tool around with it on /tg/. You guys have a comparably huge playerbase so I might pop in once in a while.

I don't care if you port things from /tg/ but /tg/ has gone through some big licensing changes, it boils down to 'credit /tg/ when you direct port code from /tg/'

Other than that I don't care, I just don't want you guys in hot water over that kind of thing. Code legality and ownership and all that is a lot different now from just 'if it's open, it's open'. I mean, I stole your cool taser electrode hitsound anyway.

Yeah, they switched from GPLv3 to AGPLv3 about...3 days ago, I believe? So I'll definitely need to look into the specifics of it to avoid the very hot-water issues you mentioned (especially since I had no idea this was coming)--this will likely impact Bay as well, as they have a crapton of TG code still and still actively port a few things here and there (though I realize all code prior to the license change is still licensed under GPLv3 and everything we've ported thus far is still under GPLv3).

Just keep in mind when porting stuff I make at least that they tend to be unfinished because I like to live test things on the server and make multiple patches based on how 50+ players tool around with it on /tg/. You guys have a comparably huge playerbase so I might pop in once in a while.

Yeah, I'm aware of this; Para has always been a server with a lot of beta-related features and we typically have a number of bugs and issues because of it, at times, so things being in a less than ideal state is kinda the norm here; we do make attempts to correct it over time. Generally, if it's not server-breaking, we'll get by. Either case, will be good to see you stop in some times!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use