Chemistry additions! [EDIT: Might work. Code it yourself!]

fludd12

So, I was looking at a few wikis for other servers, and wondered why we didn't have all these amazing chemicals. Here's a list of stuff based around my ideas and other servers' chemicals (mostly goon). I added suggested recipes, and what the chemicals do, but feel free to modify as wanted.

• Stabilizing Agent [iron, Oxygen, Hydrogen]: Stops on-mix reactions. Perhaps make it decay in blood/water or something? Some way of getting rid of it.

Calomel [inaprovaline, Iron, Carbon]: Purges any chemicals in the body. Possible bad side effects?

Pascaletalyn [Leporazine, Iron]: Counters pressure damage. My own idea. Lets complete that spacewalk cocktail!

Keraploxin [Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Silicon]: When eaten/applied, makes hair grow. When spilled, makes a carpet.

Strange Reagent [Holy Water, Clonexadone]: Miracle Matter! Resurrects the dead. Perhaps give it the same requirements as defibrillator? Or, perhaps, make it resurrect with minor health buff?

Madness Toxin [something REALLY balanced]: Makes people gain monster AI and attack people near them. Scary messages. FUN^FUN

Anima [unstable Mutagen, Clonexadone]: When splashed onto something, the thing comes to life. Basically, give the item Ian's AI and make it have a random chance of wriggling out of hands. MAKE THE NUKE DISK IMMUNE TO THIS DEAR GOD

Life [Anima, Strange Reagent]: Creates one of the "pet" animals. Maybe give it the option to name it on mixing?

White Phial [Clonexadone, Stable Mutagen, Strange Reagent]: Becomes the largest quantity chemical it is put in.

White/Dark Matter [balanced pls]: Repels/Attracts items in the area, respectively.

Avagusillin [Toxin, Nitrogen, Oxygen]: Paralyzes the vocal chords. Obviously means nothing when creatures have other means of communication. (Yay Greys!)

There's my huge list. Suggestions?

Edited by Guest

As much as I'd love to have Goon chem, someone from TG already tried and was planning on reworking the entirety of chemistry for TG to be pretty much like Goon. End result? A goon coder or two showed up and shut him down.

If Goon gave permission to use their chems? By all means, I'd probably implement quite a few of them (and heat-based reactions), then work on balancing them...but...considering what happened, I'm not going to push my luck; essentially every chem you listed there is a Goon chem---a few just have different names.

This is a case of "would love to, but sorry, no" scenario due to Goon's crushing of the other idea startup---even if I would love seeing chemists turn people into twitching puking messes from sarin gas poisoning.

It's not even something they can enforce in any way, shape or form.

There's no legal weight behind it, you can't copywrite an idea like "a chemical that induces hair growth" or "a chemical that prevents other chemicals from interacting".

It's not even something they can enforce in any way, shape or form.

There's no legal weight behind it, you can't copywrite an idea like "a chemical that induces hair growth" or "a chemical that prevents other chemicals from interacting".

Actually they can, since their code is closed source, meaning any attempt to copy or take it without their consent is against legal laws.

I'll make this very clear. I have a generally good relationship with the Goon community and even a few Goon coders--I have nothing but respect for them and think they've done more for the SS13 community than anyone realizes or would ever admit--while I might disagree with their opinion on keeping Goon closed source or shutting down people who attempts to implement act-a-like stuff, I never the less respect their ability to do so. I absolutely will not be implementing any of their stuff without their express permission. If they want to allow us to copycat them? Sure, I'm for it--if they want to gift us code we can use? Absolutely for it--but I will not be stealing or utilizing their code without their express permission.

Well, but since the code is closed source you obviously can't just copy it, you code something that has similar effect. So it's still your work.

Some of this stuff is very specific like the zombie AI chems and i think it's not unreasonable to respect that they came up with it first, but there are also very basic things that every server should have:

- Stops on-mix reactions. Perhaps make it decay in blood/water or something? Some way of getting rid of it.

- Purges any chemicals in the body. Possible bad side effects?

- Counters pressure damage. My own idea. Lets complete that spacewalk cocktail!

- Miracle Matter! Resurrects the dead. Perhaps give it the same requirements as defibrillator? Or, perhaps, make it resurrect with minor health buff?White Phial

- Becomes the largest quantity chemical it is put in.

Obviously i wouldn't just use the name and the recipes but you really don't need to be a rocket scientist to come up with that effects.

I'll make this very clear. I have a generally good relationship with the Goon community and even a few Goon coders--I have nothing but respect for them and think they've done more for the SS13 community than anyone realizes or would ever admit--while I might disagree with their opinion on keeping Goon closed source or shutting down people who attempts to implement act-a-like stuff, I never the less respect their ability to do so. I absolutely will not be implementing any of their stuff without their express permission. If they want to allow us to copycat them? Sure, I'm for it--if they want to gift us code we can use? Absolutely for it--but I will not be stealing or utilizing their code without their express permission.

It's not stealing code when you're making it from scratch yourself.

One wonders if you'd nix the entire paradise codebase if a goon asked you to do so.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use