[REQUEST] Guides on playing different antag roles

SierraKomodo

So after having my third incident of being randomly selected for an antag role, having no idea what I'm doing, then dealing with the OOC backlash for not knowing what I'm doing yet again... Is there any chance someone can start putting together guides for newbies on how to properly play roles like nuke ops or changelings?

For now you should play non-antag roles, learn as much as you can and observe some rounds to learn antag tactics.

Since people do not mind super knowledgeable antags it's your best bet.

And then you gotta find antag role specific tips, like how to use your vampire abilities [and not get lynched] or how to prepare yourself as a nukie [and not get lost in space].

basically the more you play the game and the more antags you fight, the more robust you become. You start seeing useful things (hide in that locker NAO!) and knowing where everything is.

I don't play antags myself (just aliens and very rarely vampires), but this is what I could gather from seeing good players in action. Knowledge, tactics, luck.

To be honest, in my opinion, the best way of antagging is to keep going at it until something sticks. Use your imagination and the tools available to you- don't be worried if it dosen't go to plan the first view times. Being a no-good dirty traitor takes practice. You should still be familiar with the game- a few weeks of play mixed with a lot of reading of the wiki should do it. You don't need to be robust. I'm exceedingly unrobust and I still can get dat greentext. Traitoring is difficult, but when learnt and pulled of successfully is one of the most fun things ever. It can be so intense, that I can barely type because I'm shaking so much.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use