Laserpointers

SpaceTimeNow

I think laserpointers are kind of OP and super annoying:

- They have a very low cooldown (none?)

- They work even if they are pointed at you from the back

- The only protection is having sunglasses

My point is that someone can really hurt your eyes with this things, to the point where you go blind and if you don't have sunglasses you can't protect yourself other than breaking line of sight. I think they should have some cooldown time or a battery that runs out, so you can't just keep spamming them like crazy.

The larger problem is anyone can buy them; there's only supposed to be three on station: the RD's, and the two IAA's laserpointers.

That said, anyone with $1000 (trivial) can purchase one and go around being an asshole with it.

i dont even see their functional purpose given how ponies re-mapped middle mouse button from quick hand swap to point.

It''s a neat little side benefit to being RD; plus if he wants to be a mega-ass he can yank out the default laser in it and upgrade it for even more pinpoint accuracy eye-burning (totally haven't done this or anything, I swear!)

All heads of staff have token gear that compensates them for the huge risk of taking on the position--CE has his mags, blueprints, and RCD---HoP has armor, a lasergun, and armored hat---RD has his telearmor and laser pointer, etc.

Do CE blueprints even do shit? They've been broken as long as I remember, unless that's changed sometime recently?

You can deem new areas as part of the station, and therefore make things buildable there. You can also rename existing areas.

Yes, the CE can rename his office to "Supreme Overlord's Office"

Does our blue print have door wires in it like some servers? It's been a while since I've played CE.

I believe that normally is in your notes--and I think all engineers+CE are supposed to have that feature.

I don't believe it exists here; I'd have to check out a number of places to see about it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use