pAI Buffs and Bugfixes

Streaky Haddock

I feel that pAIs should be the perfect secretary, keeping out an ear and eye for anything you've missed as well as acting like a super secretary. They should be able to listen/speak over encrypted channels (if an encryption key is inserted maybe?) and they should be able to access the power net, or modify medical/security records.

Handy stuff, you know?

It'd be nice if they could read the newscaster, and take photographs and the like.

Maybe the ability to move and hide under tables or items in mobile form, to act as a spy for the Detective or whomever. With a universal recorder to boot.

There are some bugs. They are deaf when inserted into a PDA or backpack, they cannot examine anybody ever, and do not see attack logs.

Yep, the backpack/PDA thing is a problem with our Say code, not just pAIs, it happens with just about any user-controlled object (MMIs, positronic brains) that is then stored inside a container. The problem is due to the fact that we swapped over to an experimental version of the Say code a while ago, which has a few issues; including this problem, which were never fixed; nor did we revert to the old Say code in the way Bay12 did, due to the fact that the new code is significantly more CPU efficient.

EDIT: They can examine things while in drone form, but not while in card form, this seems to apply to user-controlled objects as well, and has to do with the fact that they're objects and not mobs.

Edited by Guest

Yeah you should be able to jam three things into their rear: An id card, a pda cart, and as many encryption keys as you can fit in there.

Jamming an id in their rear gives them that access level for basically doing anything that doesn't require hands.

Jamming a pda cart in their rear gives them access to pAI-enhanced versions of those pda carts, turning them into basically a tiny mobile laptop.

Jamming encryption keys in there gives them access to that channel like they were wearing a headset.

All three of the above require outside help, and the pAI cannot do them themselves.

--

They need the hide ability and a universal recorder app they can download alongside the universal translator.

They also need some sort of antenna or laserbeam that allows them to hear even when in containers and to examine things/see attack logs.

Yeah you should be able to jam three things into their rear: An id card, a pda cart, and as many encryption keys as you can fit in there.

Jamming an id in their rear gives them that access level for basically doing anything that doesn't require hands.

Jamming a pda cart in their rear gives them access to pAI-enhanced versions of those pda carts, turning them into basically a tiny mobile laptop.

Jamming encryption keys in there gives them access to that channel like they were wearing a headset.

All three of the above require outside help, and the pAI cannot do them themselves.

--

They need the hide ability and a universal recorder app they can download alongside the universal translator.

They also need some sort of antenna or laserbeam that allows them to hear even when in containers and to examine things/see attack logs.

So much all of this. Forever.

I agree to all of the above.

For me the recent change was a step in the right direction to make them something that i could enjoy to play, because you can finally move yourself and are not just a random voice. But it needs more ways to interact with it's surroundings, like opening airlocks, radio channels, editing records and maybe more, to be interessting long term. (Beeing able to access cameras would be incredibly useful if you are a pAI for someone working in security)

What i also want to add is that i dislike the fact that everyone can just pick you up. If the pAI has a master he should be able to lock himself in the mobile form so that nobody except for the master could just transform him back into a card.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use