Let borgs without power, walk again

SpaceTimeNow

Just like the subject says, make borgs able to move again when the power is out.

I just played a round where there was a revolution going on near the armory, my borg lost power during the fight. After it was over i waited like 20 minutes, but people just walked around me and didn't give any shit about me staying there. There were probably 10 people passing me.

I know it doesn't make much sense for a borg to move when the battery run out, but people are just flat out retared. Especially security borgs run out of charge quick when it recharges a taser or baton. I think Rule of Cool applies here, never should a round be ended as shitty as mine ever again!

Learn to manage your power cell then. Borgs still being able to move without power is just stupid and removes the point of them running out of power.

I am not even going to argue about this, i was out of the recharger for like 2 minutes. I will just avoid playing them until you not get fucked over completely.

Players need some kind of in-your-face indicator that the borg has lost power and that someone other than the borg needs to take responsibility for fixing it.

Having the borg just sit there with no indication to other players that anything is wrong is just poor game design and player communication.

Have them project a holosign above them, flashing red and saying POWER or something, that automatically deploys when you run out of power. Or if the automation isn't possible, just add it as another verb under robot commands, with the exception it can be used even when out of power.

Have them project a holosign above them, flashing red and saying POWER or something, that automatically deploys when you run out of power. Or if the automation isn't possible, just add it as another verb under robot commands, with the exception it can be used even when out of power.

I think the best option is some kind of obvious indication when you examine the robot and when you look at the sprite.

The examine verb should indicate that the cyborg is shut down.

The sprite itself should be slumped over, lights turned off, certain parts no longer glow. Same case for when the cyborg dies - it needs to be made more obvious that the cyborg is out of commission, at a glance, to players who run by.

I think the best option is some kind of obvious indication when you examine the robot and when you look at the sprite.

The examine verb should indicate that the cyborg is shut down.

The sprite itself should be slumped over, lights turned off, certain parts no longer glow. Same case for when the cyborg dies - it needs to be made more obvious that the cyborg is out of commission, at a glance, to players who run by.

IIRC, there already is, the sprite of the borg has no lights, and when you examine it says the borg looks completely unresponsive

Belarion: IMO, difference is running out of power Vs. no power cell. Gameplay wise, just running out of power, you should be able to keep fucking playing without relying on the crew to notice you. But a power cell removed means you were purposely disabled. Makes sense game-play wise to keep them from moving.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use